Briefcase folder in Microsoft windows is a special folder that supports a simple two-way file synchronization between itself and another folder or operating system. For example, if you had a desktop and a laptop computer that shared the same files, you can use the Briefcase to store and synchronize the files between these computers. You will be able to access and edit files anytime
Although, the folder has many advantages. There are few limitations which you may encounter while using it. The filename should be the same in both briefcase and disk. If a user renames files in a briefcase then it will get split from the original file and cannot be synchronized, thus becoming an orphan file.
Similarly, an item being deleted from the briefcase can also be associated with files in another folder or disk being erased. This scenario requires you to recover deleted briefcase files, which can be a bit tricky. Before moving ahead, let us understand other common data loss scenarios other than deletion.
Causes for Briefcase Files Loss
- There are possibilities that a user may accidentally delete some files from a folder which is synchronized with the briefcase folder. When the user clicks on the Update All option, then the files stored in the briefcase folder also get erased during synchronization. Such scenarios can cause severe data loss situations in Windows systems if proper backup of files is not maintained.
- Another major cause is virus infection which can lead to corruption and deletion of briefcase files. If your briefcase folder is infected with harmful viruses or malware then there are chances that it may delete a few files without user notification. Later if the user updates the folder then the same changes are made in the other folder too. Thus those files are erased from both disk as well as briefcase folder.
- Hard Disk or system crash of the operating system can also lead to the data of the briefcase files.
Let us explore the possibilities to restore lost or deleted briefcase files effortlessly in the below section:
Note: You cannot recover the deleted briefcase files through Recycle Bin, the file works on two way synchronization.
How to Recover Deleted Briefcase Files
What do we do when we encounter a data loss scenario of the briefcase files like this? The appropriate solution is to recover the deleted briefcase files using a reliable data recovery software like Remo Recover. The tool being programmed by advanced scanning algorithms can easily retrieve lost or deleted briefcase files with ease.
The software has the ability to retrieve files that are deleted using Shift + Del combination keys or command prompt. As a briefcase has the ability to copy and synchronize files and folders with external removable storage media; using this tool it is possible to even restore files from RAW USB drive, external hard drive, iPod, flash drive and many more. Let us move on the more beneficial traits of Remo Recover
- Ability to scan entire system within few minutes
- Deleted briefcase files can be recovered on the basis of its unique signature
- Using Find tool user can easily find briefcase files from recovered file list
- Recovered files can be stored in any storage devices like hard drive, USB drive, memory card, FireWire drives and many more
- Recovered files can be compressed in ZIP archive to save hard disk space
Apart from these features, it also has the ability to recover files from Windows Operating System. It can easily
restgore any type of file in just few minutes. In fact, it can even helps to
restore video files, audio files, images and other 300 types of files from system without any difficulties. This tool recovers files easily from partition array RAID0, RAID1 and RAID5.
Steps to restore deleted briefcase files
- Download and install Remo Recover 6.0
- Click on the folder from which you deleted your Briefcase folder or the parition which you choose to scan (Usually briefcase folder are locked files, if you are aware of the location where your briefcase folder was saved, chose it)
- Once you have chosen the location click on Scan button.
- The tool will automatically initiate Quick Scan. Once the Quick Scan is completed, the tool runs Deep Scan where it restores data sector by sector. Open the Dynamic Data View to easily recover the files simultaneously while the Deep Scan is running.
- You can also search for the specific file format in the search bar with Advanced Filter option
- Now select the Deleted Briefcase folder or file that you want recover the drive from and click on Recover option
- After the partitions are scanned the recovered data will be presented to you which you can Preview
- Choose the deleted briefcase file, click on Save a browse for a location to save the recovered data.
- It is recommended to have frequent backup of crucial files and folders that are stored in the briefcase folder
- Users are requested to verify before deleting any files on the briefcase. As it may have an impact on synchronized files from other folders or operating systems.
- It is recommended to have an antivirus install and protect your valuable files from virus malware.