A Multi Media Card also known as MMC card was first introduced by SanDisk and Siemens AG. It comes in varieties of sizes ranging from Megabytes to Gigabytes (Max. size which is currently available is 128 GB), these ranges of storage capacities allows users to use it in various devices like digital camera, mobile phone, audio players and many other devices. As it is carried by portable devices, most of the users store their important data such as videos, images, documents, archives and many more on MMC card. But when users lose their important files from MMC card due to corruption then it makes them frustrated. However they can still have hope because by making use of Remo Recover (Windows / Mac) you can easily recover all the lost data from a corrupted MMC card.
Reasons behind corruption of MMC card
Some users will still be having question regarding MMC card i.e. how does MMC card can get corrupted? However there are many reasons which are responsible for corruption but here you will be going through some of them which are common among users.
- Virus Infection: File sharing is common task which is performed by every MMC card users, thus in course of sharing files if you receive virus infected files to your MMC card then that virus infected file may corrupt other files which are stored on your card leading to card corruption
- File system: If the file system of MMC card is corrupted then it makes your memory card to be inaccessible resulting in loss of all the files stored on your memory card, however some common reasons behind file system corruption is; abrupt removal of card when it is in use, severe virus attack by harmful viruses, improper usage of MMC card and many more
- Other reason: As MMC card is supported by various devices, taking advantage of this many users try to interchangeably use the card in different devices due to which there is threat of card corruption
These are some of the prevalent reasons behind card corruption however by making use of Remo Recover (Windows / Mac) you can easily recover your important data from corrupted MMC card.
Remarkable features of Remo Recover (Windows / Mac)
- With the help of this tool you can easily perform picture recovery as well as video files, audio files, zip files, document and other files recovery. Moreover this application allows you to customize your scanning by adding or editing the file signature before scanning process
- Supports recovery from file system like FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5, ExFAT, HFS and many more
- Apart from MMC card you can easily retrieve lost files from memory card such as CF card, SD card, XD card, memory stick and many others
- Allows you to preview the recovered data before saving it to some safer location
- Built-in advance algorithms allows you to recover huge amount of data within short period of time
- “Save Recovery Session” feature allows you to save the recovery related info so as to resume the same recovery session in spare time
- You can sort the recovered data on the basis of date modified, size, file type, file name
Steps to recover data from corrupted MMC card
- Download and install trial version of Remo Recover (Windows / Mac) on your computer
- Launch the app and from the main screen click on “Recover Photos” option
- From the upcoming slide click on “Recover Lost Photos”
- Select the drive from which you want to perform recovery (i.e. MMC card)
- Wait for the scanning process to successfully get completed
- Once the scanning is completed you will be provided with a list of recovered data
- Select the recovered data and preview it by using “Preview” option
- If you find the recovery process to be satisfying then you may have to purchase the licensed version of this product in order to save the recovered data
Extra Info: Unlike MMC card, flash drive is also one of the commonly used portable device. However at times these flash drives become inaccessible due to various reasons, but by making use of Remo Recover (Windows / Mac) you can easily recover data from inaccessible flash drive.