I was accessing very important Word doc file from USB storage device by connecting to system. By mistakenly, I suddenly ejected USB drive out instead of removing using safe remove option. Later I reconnected USB again and open Word file but it was inaccessible.
Don’t worry, still you have chance to recover it by using repair option which is provided in MS office. Open MS office and click on Open option from file menu. Now open your damaged or inaccessible Word file, choose “open and repair” option. If it opens that’s fine or else you need to repair that file using any file repair software. Remo Repair Word is one of excellent file repair tool that can efficiently repair damaged or corrupted Word file due to any reasons. In addition, not only repairing it also recovers lost data such as hyperlinks, formatting and OLE objects etc.
Why Remo Repair Word tool?
- It is an adroit tool to repair file
- Facilitates 24*7 hours of tech support to assist you
- Simple user interface to perform repairing process without any problems
- Provides demo version to appraise its efficiency
Know how Word doc file gets damaged or corrupt
- Virus and malware attacks: As we know that, virus and malware threats easily attacks any file including Word doc file. Placing a file in infected storage device or sharing over a network, threats easily attacks it and leads to severe damage of file.
- Round tripping: It means changing a Word file extension from one to other repeatedly. By performing this action on file frequently, file may get damage and results in inaccessible file.
- Accessing file from USB: This is the one of silly mistakes behind file damage. Suppose you are accessing Word doc file, which is stored on USB device by connecting to system. In such time, if you abruptly removed USB out from system’s port when file is in read or write mode then file gets damage easily.
Other reasons includes
- File header corruption
- Opening file in a corrupted MS office application
- Sudden shutdown of PC when file is still in read or write mode
Note: Click on proivded link to fix broken file on your PC in a simple way.
Follow below mentioned steps to fix damaged Word doc file using Remo Repair tool
- Download demo version of Remo Repair Word tool and install on your machine
- Launch it and run the application by clicking on shortcut icon created on desktop
- Main screen displays with browse option to provide path of damaged Word file
- Now click on “Repair” button, tool starts repairing the document
- Once repair process is done, a message pops up “File Repaired Successfully”
- Now you can preview file by clicking on “Preview File” button
- If you are satisfied with obtained results then purchase key and save repaired file to disk
Note: If file is severely corrupted or it is giving error message whenever you click on it, then stop opening of that word file.
Some precautions to avoid Word file damage
- Do not store file in infected machines and USB peripheral devices
- Do not accesses file from external storage devices
- Before exiting from MS application close opened file