From past two years, I am being using Outlook 2007 application in my Windows XP PC, to manage business emails and to keep contact with others persons and I never encountered any problem in accessing Outlook application. Now it is being freezing and I unable to open it. I have stored lot of emails and other Outlook items. Could anyone provide solution to this problem?
This is one of the biggest problem usually we encounter in Outlook application and may lose Outlook data drastically. This problem may encounter due to PST file corruption or storing huge number of mails and PST file exceeding its storage limit. However, whatever be the reason behind freezing Outlook, we have feasible solution to overcome by this problem.
List of possible solutions
- Try to fix issue by rebuilding the damaged Outlook file using built-in tool i.e. use ScanPST tool, that that is included in Outlook application
- Disable antivirus application and restart your computer powering your machine off completely for 10 - 15 secs and then turning it back on
- Navigate to the C:/Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office 2010 folder on your local hard drive, right click on Outlook.exe icon, and choose properties. A pop up window appears, in that choose Compatibility tab, uncheck all of the boxes underneath the Compatibility mode heading and finally, restart your computer
By trying above mentioned one of the methods, if your Outlook started working properly then no need to worry anymore. In case does not work then you need to go with third party Outlook repair utility. As per the Outlook expert suggestions, Remo Repair Outlook application is one the best utility to repair Outlook and to regain lost Outlook items such as inbox items, calendar items, RSS feeds, notes.
List of possible reasons behind freezing Outlook
- PST file exceeding its size limit
- PST file corruption or damage due to attacked by virus and malware threats
- Improper exit of Outlook application
- Storing huge number emails in inbox
- Outlook application errors
Incase if your Outlook application is frozen due to Outlook application errors then you need to re-install Outlook application. But, by doing so you will lose Outlook data and finally end up with loss of data. In such situation use Remo Repair Outlook utility, this efficiently recovers data from it. Later you can store those data in other location meanwhile re-install Outlook application and finally, import those backup data. In addition, you can this tool to fix PST file when ScanPST tool fails to repair.
What Remo Repair Outlook Software does?
- Safely and securely repair corrupted or damaged PST files
- Repairs when PST files exceeds its size limit
- Recovers lost Outlook contacts including mails, notes, calendar items, tasks, journals, appointments
- Repairs PST file when ScanPST tool fails to fix errors in it
- Repairs password protected PST files
- Searches PST file when you failed to find it
- Supports outlook 2000, 2003, 2007, 2010 versions
What are benefits can expect from Remo Repair Outlook tool?
- 24*7 hours of technical support available to assist you in installing the software and performing repair process successfully
- Provides email and chat service to raise your tickets and you will get a reply within 4 hour of submission of tickets to tech team
- Gives assurance of fixing all problems of Outlook PST file and recovering Outlook data
- Provides free demo version to check its efficiency in repairing and recovering PST data
Guide for Fixing Freezing Outlook
- You have to download and install Remo Repair Outlook (PST) software on your system first
- Then launch the software by double clicking the icon
- After which, the main screen displays many options like Open PST File, Find PST File, Select Outlook Profile
- If your are aware of PST file location, click on Open PST File
- Go to Find PST file if you don’t the location where PST file is present
- Now, select the corrupted PST file which you want to fix and click on Next button to start the scanning process
- From next screen, give the destination path and you should select any one option out of two scanning options i.e. Normal Scan or Smart Scan depending on rate of PST file corruption
- Now click on Repair option
- View the file using Preview option and store necessary files on your system
Precautionary steps to avoid Outlook freezing
- Scan system regularly with updated antivirus application
- Delete unwanted data from PST file
- Create multiple PST files for a specific user