It is very important to save energy for future. It has been noticed that a lot of energy is wasted by idle computers. When you are not using your computer then it is best practice to shut it down so that energy that it consumes can be saved. As a computer user you might have encountered situations where some program is being installed and it is going to take longer time and you have no time to wait till this installation process gets completed. On such occasions, there is damn need of software which can automatically Shutdown your computer without your interaction. This can be achieved by scheduling your computer to Shutdown after certain specified period of time. Remo MORE is a utility which can schedule your computer to be shutdown automatically.
1. Data Transfer and Backup: When dealing with a large amount of critical data on your computer's hard drive, you may need to transfer this data to an external drive for backup purposes or for carrying it to another location. Due to the large data size, the transfer process can take a considerable amount of time.
2. Downloading Large Files: In the case of downloading large files, such as your favorite movie, the process can be time-consuming, especially if your Internet connection is slow. Waiting for the download to complete manually might not be feasible if you have other tasks or want to sleep.
3. Time-Saving Automation: No need to wait for manual shutdowns! A scheduler automates the process, freeing you from the wait during data transfer or downloads. Your computer will automatically shut down once the ongoing process finishes.
4. Inconvenience of Manual Shutdowns During Work: Manually shutting down your computer after completing a task might not always be feasible, especially if you are engaged in work and do not have time to initiate the shutdown manually. In such cases, leaving the computer running consumes a lot of energy unnecessarily.
5. Energy Efficiency: Automating the shutdown process helps save power and reduces energy consumption. By setting up the automatic shutdown, you ensure that your computer turns off after task completion, preventing energy wastage.
Overall, scheduling automatic shutdowns in these scenarios can provide time-saving benefits, optimize productivity, prevent overheating, and contribute to a greener environment by reducing energy consumption.
Important note to keep in mind while scheduling your computer to shutdown automatically: While you are scheduling a computer to be shutdown, there are some points which you need to keep in your mind, first thing you should always add half an hour more to the automatic schedule timer, in case your data transfer process speed vary or your internet connection gets slow then it could take longer time than estimated time. Windows 8 by itself provides option to schedule the shutdown process. Unfortunately the method is quiet a tough nut to break.
Step 1: Open "Task scheduler" process using command prompt or control panel option which can be found in Administrative tools folder
Figure 1: Open the task scheduler
Step 2: In the right side choose the option "Create basic task"
Step 3: Give a name and description for the automatic shutdown process
Figure 2: Open the task scheduler and create a basic task
Step 4: Customize the shutdown execution settings
Figure 3: Customize the settings
Step 5: Browse and add the program called shutdown.exe from the location "C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe"
Figure 4: Browse the shutdown.exe file
Step 6: Check and complete the auto shutdown process
Figure 5: Verify and finish the Automatic shutdown process
Now the Windows 8 shutdown process is scheduled automatically. Unfortunately there is no guarantee that this will work for cent percent because there are several internal and external factors to distort the scheduler and scheduled tasks such as viruses, misconfigured settings, etc. So it is better to leave the job to a third party software like Remo MORE.
Remo MORE is a brainchild of highly qualified software professionals, which helps you to schedule your Windows 8 computer to be Shutdown automatically. It uses a special algorithm which helps you out in scheduling Windows 8 computer. It has a gained much popularity among the users across the world for its superb performance. Thus, if you are looking for a tool to schedule your Windows 8 computer to be shutdown then try out our Remo MORE suite it can easily schedule for shutting down.
Why Choose Remo?
Live Chat24/7 Support