Understanding the Causes of Data Loss in USB flash drives
Although USB flash drives are very reliable and durable storage devices that comes handy while transferring data from one device to other, they are not exempt from issues like data loss. As a matter of fact, data loss issues are very common in USB drive and you need to act quickly to recover data from USB drives.
Here is a list of factors that results in data loss on USB flash drives:
- Accidental deletion of files
- Files lost due to virus attacks
- Files lost due to corruption
- Files lost due to interruptions such as abrupt ejection of USB flash drive from the system
- Accidental formatting of a USB drive, for example when the device asks 'Do you want to format the disk' and you click 'Yes'
- Data loss due to bad sectors on flash drives
3 Quick Ways to Recover Data from USB Drive:
Note: Before you go ahead and start USB recovery process, it is recommended to stop using the USB drive completely. Using the device further will overwrite data and drastically reduce the chances of a successful USB data recovery.
Quickest Way to recover data from flash drive, USB drive or Pen Drive
If you are new to USB data recovery and looking for a safest way of recovering data from USB drive, we recommend you to make use of a USB data recovery software by Remo.
Remo USB Data Recovery Software is an acclaimed tool by critics to easily recover deleted or lost files from USB drives. Whether your USB drive that is not recognised or a corrupt pen drive with your important data in it. Remo USB drive recovery tool can recover everything without any hassle. Download the tool and try it for yourself now.
Steps to Recover data from USB Flash Drive using Remo USB Recovery Tool
To recover data from USB flash drive, download and install Remo Recover on your computer and follow the below mentioned instructions:
- Download and install Remo Recover 6.0
- Connect your USB Flash drive from which you want to recover data from and start the recovery process
- If you are unable to locate the USB Flash Drive, click on Can't find drive option and you choose the USB flash drive from which you wish to recover data from
- Choose the USB Flash drive you want to recover click on Scan button.
- The tool will automatically initiate Quick Scan. Once the Quick Scan is completed, the tool runs Deep Scan where it restores data sector by sector. Open the Dynamic Data View to easily recover the files simultaneously while the Deep Scan is running.
- You can also search for the specific file format in the search bar with Advanced Filter option
- After the partition | USB Flash drive are scanned the recovered data will be presented to you. Click on Recover option
- You can Preview the files which are being recovered
- Choose the files from USB Flash drive, click on Save a browse for a location to save the recovered data.
Important Note: Do not Save the recovered data from USB on to the same drive this will overwrite the data and might result in permanent data loss
Recover Data from USB Drive Without Software
Yes, you read that right, though it doesn’t guarantee you to get back data from USB drive, there is no harm in trying to recover data from USB using CMD. Refer to the next section to know how to recover data from USB drive without a Software.
How to Recover Data from USB Drive thats not recognised Using CMD?
To recover data from USB drive that’s not recognized by your computer, you will have to make use of the Attrib command in CMD. Follow the below mentioned instructions carefully:
- Open Run search box by pressing Windows + R then type cmd
- Now, type chkdsk H: /f and click Enter ( H with the drive letter of the USB drive).
- Now type USB flash drive letter again in this case it is H and click on Enter
- Finally type the following attrib command- ATTRIB -H -R -S /S /D drive letter:*.* and click on Enter
- After completion of the process see if you have successfully recovered data from your USB drive
- The files found after the above process can be used by adding extensions at the end.
Restore Accidentally Deleted Files from USB Drive from Previous Versions
With the help of Restore feature in Windows you can recover deleted files from USB drive. Do follow the below mentioned methods to restore USB drive files from previous versions:
- Make sure your USB drive is connected to the computer
- Click on This PC, under that right click on your USB drive, select Properties
- Click on Previous Versions Tab, click on the available version of the files and hit Restore
Why Use Remo USB Flash Drive Recovery Software?
- You can recover documents, PDFs, notes, images, music, videos or any file type from your USB drive
- Remo Flash Drive Recovery Software helps you recover data from flash drives under any data loss situation including recovery from formatted USB drives or damaged flash drives
- Great history of seamlessly recovering data from various USB drive brands like SanDisk, Corsair, Samsung, Transcend, Kingston and many more.
- Free Preview of the recovered photos or media files from USB drive to verify the success rate of recovery.
- The tool is compatible on all versions of both Windows and Mac OS and a well trained team is available round the clock to help you with USB data recovery.
- The tool is also capable of recovering data from deleted, formatted exFAT partitions