Understanding the causes of data loss & how to recover files from USB flash drive
Although USB flash drives are very reliable and durable storage devices that comes handy while transferring data from one device to other, they are not exempt from issues like data loss. As a matter of fact, data loss issues are very common in USB drive and you need to act quickly to recover data from USB drives.
Here is a list of factors that results in data loss on USB flash drives:
- Accidental deletion of files
- Files lost due to virus attacks
- Files lost due to corruption
- Files lost due to interruptions such as abrupt ejection of USB flash drive from the system, and sudden system shutdown due to power outage or battery drain in case of laptops while transferring files from USB flash drive to your system or vice versa
- Accidental formatting of a USB flash drive, for example when the device asks 'Do you want to format the disk' and you click 'Yes'
- Data loss due to bad sectors on flash drives
3 Quick Ways to Recover Data from USB Drive:
Note: Before you go ahead and start USB recovery process, it is recommended to stop using the USB drive completely. Using the device further will overwrite data and drastically reduce the chances of a successful USB data recovery.
Quickest Way to recover data from flash drive, USB drive or Pen Drive
If you are new to USB data recovery and looking for a safest way of recovering data from USB drive, we recommend you to make use of a USB data recovery software by Remo.
Remo USB Data Recovery Software is an acclaimed tool by critics to easily recover deleted or lost files from USB drives. Whether your USB drive that is not recognised or a corrupt pen drive with your important data in it. Remo USB drive recovery tool can recover everything without any hassle. Download the tool and try it for yourself now.
Steps to Recover data from USB Flash Drive using Remo USB Recovery Tool
To recover data from USB flash drive, download and install Remo Data Recovery Software on your computer and follow the below mentioned instructions:
- Launch the tool, click on Recover Partitions
- and select the USB flash drive from which you want to recover data and click on Scan
- After the completion of the scan you can Preview the recovered data from USB flash drive
- If you are satisfied with the USB data recovery then go ahead and Save the file by activating the tool.
Important Note: Do not Save the recovered data from USB on to the same drive this will overwrite the data and might result in permanent data loss
Recover Data from USB Drive Without Software
Yes, you read that right, though it doesn’t guarantee you to get back data from USB drive, there is no harm in trying to recover data from USB using CMD. Refer to the next section to know how to recover data from USB drive without a Software.
How to Recover Data from USB Drive thats not recognised Using CMD?
To recover data from USB drive that’s not recognized by your computer, you will have to make use of the Attrib command in CMD. Follow the below mentioned instructions carefully:
- Open Run search box by pressing Windows + R then type cmd
- Now, type chkdsk H: /f and click Enter ( H with the drive letter of the USB drive).
- Next press Y and click on Enter
- Now type USB flash drive letter again in this case it is H and click on Enter
- Finally type the following attrib command- ATTRIB -H -R -S /S /D drive letter:*.* and click on Enter
- After completion of the process see if you have successfully recovered data from your USB drive
- The files found after the above process can be used by adding extensions at the end.
Restore Accidentally Deleted Files from USB Drive from Previous Versions
With the help of Restore feature in Windows you can recover deleted files from USB drive. Do follow the below mentioned methods to restore USB drive files from previous versions:
- Make sure your USB drive is connected to the computer
- Click on This PC, under that right click on your USB drive, select Properties
- Click on Previous Versions Tab, click on the available version of the files and hit Restore
Why Use Remo USB Flash Drive Recovery Software?
- You can recover documents, PDFs, notes, images, music, videos or any file type from your USB drive
- Remo Flash Drive Recovery Software helps you recover data from flash drives under any data loss situation including recovery from formatted USB drives or damaged flash drives
- Great history of seamlessly recovering data from various USB drive brands like SanDisk, Corsair, Samsung, Transcend, Kingston and many more.
- Free Preview of the recovered photos or media files from USB drive to verify the success rate of recovery.
- The tool is compatible on all versions of both Windows and Mac OS and a well trained team is available round the clock to help you with USB data recovery.
- The tool is also capable of recovering data from deleted, formatted exFAT partitions