In some situations, you may find that the contents on your hard drive are not accessible or you may find error messages that prompt you to format the drive. In other cases, you may also see that your hard drive has turned RAW.
All of these symptoms indicate that your drive is corrupted and needs repair. You are lucky if you are able to access the drive’s contents and backup data. If not you will need to make use of data recovery tools like Remo Recover to recover data from these drives.
Remo Recover – A complete hard drive recovery tool
Remo Recover is an advanced hard drive recovery tool that is used to recover data from corrupt, damaged or RAW WD hard drives. It can also be used to recover data in cases when your WD hard drive is formatted.
How the software works? The software scans your WD hard drive in a detailed fashion sector by sector. This ensures that no file or folder is left out from the software’s thorough scan. Once scan is complete, it recovers all found data in its original state. Data recovered using Remo Recover is in original state due to the fact that the software uses a read-only mechanism to recover files. In other words, the files and folders are not changed during the recovery process.
The software is multi-device friendly, meaning it can be used to recover data from other storage devices such as SD cards, USB pen drives, Fire Wire devices in addition to recovering data from external hard drives.
1. As a first step, download and install Remo Recover hard disk recovery tool on your Windows machine
2. Connect your WD hard drive to the system on which the software is installed
3. Double click on the downloaded .exe file to launch the software and select Recover Drives from the main screen.
4. Next select Formatted Recovery if you are looking to recover from formatted drives. Else select Partition Recovery if your drive is inaccessible, corrupt, RAW or if you’re receiving other error messages
5. Select your WD hard drive from the list of drives available. Now the software scans the selected drive and lists all available files
6. Choose the files you want to recover and save them in a preferred location
Note: You can also Preview the files for free from the list shown in Step 5 by double clicking on the file
Precautions to avoid corruption in WD hard drives
Abruptly removing the hard drive without safely ejecting it is reported to be one of the major causes of corruption. As a rule of thumb, always make sure you use the ‘Safely remove hardware’ to avoid corruption and data loss.
You may also be interested in: