Recover Deleted Files from iPod
Remember listening to music on the iPod? Irrespective of which smartphone you have, it doesn't come close to nostalgic feel with iPod. If you are still one of the user who fancies iPod and lost or deleted your important playlists or files on your iPod, this article is for you.
In this article you will learn the hassle-free solutions on how to recover your deleted files from iPod effortlessly. Before moving ahead with solutions, let us understand more about the data loss in iPod
How Do I recover deleted files from iPod?
- Recover Deleted Music or Media iPod using iTunes
- Recover Deleted Music or Media iPod using Cloud
- Recover Deleted Files from iPod using Remo Recover
Note – This method is applicable only if you have enabled backup on through your iTunes.
Recover deleted music or media iPod using iTunes
Follow the methods mentioned in the section below to effortlessly recover your MP3 files/ Media files
- Open iTunes Music Player
- Connect your iPod to the computer, and stop it from syncing if it starts automatically.
- Click on Start, go to My Computer to Open an Explorer window.
- Click on Organize. Select Layout. Select Menu Bar to add this to the Explorer Window
- Click Tools and click on Folder Options.
- Select View.
- Select Show Hidden Files and Folder on the Explorer window.
- Search for iPod in My Computer and navigate to iPod Control and then Music.
- Select everything in the folder (Edit → Select All).
- Drag the selected files into iTunes. iTunes will now import all of the music back to the computer
- Disable the viewing of hidden folders
Recover iPod Data from iCloud
You can perform iPod data recovery from iCloud and recover files that were deleted in the past 30 days.
- Go to Settings option
- In Settings on iCloud.com, click Restore Files (in the Advanced section).
- Select each file you want to restore from iPod, or select Select All.
- Click Restore.
Check if the deleted or lost files are recover from iPod, this method is only applicable if you have enabled the cloud backup for your iPod
Recover deleted files from iPod using Remo Recover
If you are in that circumstance of Data loss right now then, you will need a reliable data recovery tool like Remo Recover. This software is a powerful file recovery tool which can be used to recover data from ipod in recovery mode, all the lost or deleted photo, audio and video files. Apart from this, the tool can also be used to recover deleted video files from iPod and any storage media like hard drives, USB drives, memory cards.
How to Recover Deleted iPod Files?
Follow the simple steps provided below to recover audio files deleted files from iPod.
- Download Remo iPod Recovery Software on your computer or laptop , install it and connect your iPod to it. Launch Remo Recover software.
- As you are recovering media files, select Recover Files option from the main screen, and then choose your iPod from the list of available drives and click Scan button to proceed further with the recovery process
- Now the software scans the iPod thoroughly to find deleted files, and upon the completion of scanning and recovery process, a list of recovered files are displayed in Data View, and File Type View
- Prior you save these recovered files, you can preview them by clicking Preview option to check the efficiency of the software
- Once you preview all your deleted files, and satisfied with the tool, then purchase the complete version to save the recovered files, as the trial version doesn't allow to save the files.
Supported iPod devices: iPod Classic, iPod Mini, iPod Shuffle and iPod Nano.
Note: iPod Touch and iPhone is not supported.
Features of Remo
- Recovers over a11 media file formats from iPods including mp3, mp4, WAV, AVI, MPG, MOV, etc.
- Performs iPod photo recovery from iPod in few clicks
- All the recovered files can be sorted based on their size, name, date and file type
- Recover files with original file names and directory structure
- Recovered files can be previewed before restoring them
- Retrieve deleted files from iPod connected to Windows and Mac Operating System
How data gets lost on iPods?
- Accidentally deleting files or resetting of iPod
- Improper ejection of iPod while transferring photos, audio and video files to laptop or PC.
- iPod database corruption may lead to files getting deleted or lost.
- Synchronization error while syncing with iTunes may lead to loss of photo, audio and video files from iPod.
- When iPods freezes due to corruption, data on the iPod may get inaccessible.
If you have encountered any of the above-mentioned cases with the help of right approaches mentioned below, you will be able to address the issue without any hassle.