Photos shot on a Nikon camera are saved in the .nef file format on the external SD card. The NEF file is Nikon’s raw image format, which basically includes all the metadata about the image captured including the type of Nikon camera used and its settings, camera lens data, etc.
Losing or deleting NEF image files from any Nikon camera or SD card can be very devastating, especially those high-resolution raw image files that mean a lot to anyone. In case, if you are looking to recover deleted NEF files, then you need not worry! Here is a complete guide on how to recover NEF files from SD card in simple clicks using Remo Recover software.
Before we perform lost or deleted NEF file recovery from Nikon camera, let us have a look at the scenarios leading to data loss from the Nikon camera.
Whatever may be the reasons behind the loss of NEF files, they are recoverable. But make sure the lost or deleted NEF files on the camera card are not overwritten with new files so that recovering lost raw photos is possible. Therefore it is strictly advised to stop the further usage of the camera card in order to avoid overwriting the deleted NEF image files.
Yes, it is possible to recover lost NEF files. Make use of Remo Photo Recovery tool to recover photos from Nikon camera on Mac/ Windows. This tool is compatible with all the latest macOS including Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra, etc., and Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, etc. With its inbuilt scanning mechanisms, the application scans the entire camera memory card and recovers NEF files easily. Apart from recovering NEF files, the utility can also retrieve RAW files like CR2, CRW, ORF, 3FR, PEF, etc., and photo files like JPEG, PNG, TIFF, GIF, and so on, will be restored.
1. Download and install Remo Recover software on your Windows/ Mac and connect your SD card to it on which you have lost or deleted NEF files.
2. Launch the tool and select the Recover Photos option to restore deleted NEF files.
3. Select the SD card from which you want to recover NEF files and hit the Scan button.
4. Now, the software starts scanning the SD drive to locate the deleted/ lost NEF image files. Once the scanning is completed, it displays the list of all recoverable NEF files in Data View and File Type View.
5. Double-click the recovered NEF images to preview them for free and click the Save button to get them back at your desired location.
Remo Photo Recovery software can also recover media files such as videos, audio files, Office files, and many more that are erased or lost. With this tool, you can even recover large-sized RAW photo files (FAQ).
Why Choose Remo?