Remo Repair Zip
A Zip file contains one or more files that has been compressed or archived to reduce the overall file size. It is a data compression and archive format, and supported by all major operating systems including Windows, which has in-built support for Zip files.
Zip file is widely used to compress files, to send data over internet or to backup data. However, due to its architecture it is highly prone to corruptions. Corruption or any sort of damage can leave crucial data inside a Zip file inaccessible.
There can be several causes, which can leave a Zip file in corrupt or damaged state. The below mentioned list highlights few common causes for Zip file corruption.
- When download a big sized Zip file from Internet or transferring it from local network, the file may get broken due to any interruption. This may lead to CRC errors or corruption and when trying to open the Zip file, we may get errors like these
- Cannot open file: does not appear to be a valid archive
- The archive is corrupt or damaged
- Bad CRC
- Unknown compression method
- Compressed (zipped) folder is invalid or corrupted
- If Zip files are deleted and when recovered using a data recovery software the recovered file can be incomplete due to fragmentation with file system. Such files again would not open and will be in corrupt state
Remo Repair Zip helps in repairing corrupt Zip file structure and allows you to extract the contents from the corrupt Zip file. The software provides completely automated wizard based interface to repair corrupt Zip files.
- Repairs all types of Zip (32 -bit, 64-bit) and Zipx files
- Repairs corrupt Zip files with CRC errors
- Repairs large Zip files (4GB or more in size).
- Repairs Zip files stored on any storage media
- Once repair process is over, you can preview the lost data that can be recovered from the damaged / corrupt zip file
- Recovered file contents can be saved to any destination location accessible to the host operating system
- Supports Windows 7 (32 - bit, 64-bit)
Why Remo Repair Zip?
Free Demo version - To view the recovery results and evaluate the capability of the software
Safe to use - Remo Repair Zip is non-destructive read-only software, which makes sure that your original Zip file is intact.
Technical Support - Free professional technical support to assist you when you need any help
How to Repair Zip file using Remo Repair Zip?
The overall repair process is fairly simple
- Download and install Remo Repair Zip trial
- Browse and select your Zip or Zipx file using browse and button and select the button "Repair" to begin repair process.
- The software will start scanning the zip file and will read all its internal structure to reconstruct valid zip file parameters to regenerate the compressed archive and eventually you will get a list of files / folders from the compressed archive
- If the corrupt zip file had some files in the root, then double click #Lost Files folder to open and view those files. The folder will open and you can browse complete list of recoverable files
- To save the lost data from your corrupt zip file, now press "Next", a window will open where you can specify destination location save lost data
- Click the "Select Folder" button to choose the destination path, which could be your local drive, externally attached USB drive, or a mapped network location. Select the location and click the "Save" button to save all your lost data.
Note: The trial version of Remo Repair Zip software is technically similar to the activated version, except that "saving" of recovered data is disabled. The software needs to be activated in order to enable "saving" functionality, which completes the repair process
Remo Repair ZIP is a repair tool, which can repair corrupt ZIP files. Incase if you are looking to recover deleted ZIP files then download either Remo Recover (Windows) or Remo Recover (Mac).