Sometimes you may want to run multiple operating systems on your Mac. To do this, you will have to partition your hard drive. It is very simple with the help of Apple’s disk utility. Before you make any changes to your hard drive, please read the instructions below.
- Backup all your hard drive data. You can do this easily using Time Machine. Or you can use an external hard drive to backup data.
- Secondly, make sure you have enough free disk space to be able to run a second operating system.
How to create a partition on your Mac?
- On the dock, open Finder and select Applications
- Expand the Utility folder
- Double click on Disk Utility
- Select your hard drive. (It is normally the first drive on the list)
- Click on partition tab and then the ‘+’ button
- Change the size of the partition by dragging the resize controls (The used space is in blue)
- Assign a name the new partition and click Apply
This will create new partitions on your drive and you can use them to run a new OS or for backup purposes. Adding or modifying partitions modifies important hard drive data. Errors while creating partitions or improper size allocation can delete/damage existing partitions. Apart from this, other reasons for partition deletion are
- Bad sectors on the drive – There may be bad sectors on your hard drive. If these bad sectors are present in the area where partition information is located, it can lead to partition loss/damage.
- Virus attacks – Virus or malware attack on your system may result in partition corruption/deletion
- Abrupt system shutdown – Sudden power failure or a system crash during read/write operation can cause partitions to get corrupted and result in data loss.
You may encounter partition loss/deletion due to any of these reasons. In such cases, you will need professional data recovery tools for partition recovery. Remo Recover is one of the best tools available.
About Remo Recover
Remo Mac Recovery is used to recover inaccessible, damaged or lost partitions from Mac devices. The software uses powerful algorithms to scan your drive and recover partitions with complete folder structure.
In addition to recovering files from your system, the software also supports recovery from external hard drives, USB’s and other storage devices.
Sometimes your hard drive may become RAW due to virus attacks or format failure. In such cases, Remo Recover is useful to recover data from RAW drives. If bad sectors are present on your hard drive, the software creates disk images bypassing bad sectors. And these disk images can then be used to recover files at any time. The software can also be used to recover data from formatted drives as well. How to restore data from formatted HFS volumes gives an overview of the process.
Partition recovery in Mac using Remo software is a simple process. Just download the software and follow on-screen instructions. You will be able to recover your data within few minutes. Once data is recovered, use the Preview feature to view your files. Then save your file to the desired location.
Compatibility of Remo Recover
- The software supports all Mac versions including the latest High Sierra.
- MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac Mini and all Mac devices are supported
- A variant of the software is also available for Windows users. All versions including the latest Windows 10 is supported.
- All file systems such as HFS, HFS+, FAT16, FAT32 etc are supported.