The word “disc boot failure” is terrifying for most computer users. Actually a disc boot failure notification generally means that your hard drive and operating system might have become useless. It can occur due to various reasons like system instability after a new application or device driver was installed or updated, and if an application was originally loaded from a disk and now it is outdated etc. in such cases a disk boot failure would occur.
Fortunately there is no need to worry much about this, as there are a variety of ways to troubleshoot your system in order to salvage your computer. But, you may need to restart your computer quite a number of times in order to fix this error, don’t feel discouraged. Just follow the below explained procedure:
Note: Before performing these steps make sure you have backup of your entire data
- Turn off your computer by pressing and holding the power button until the computer shuts down
- Locate and get the boot disc of your operating system
- Now, turn on your computer and insert the boot disc into the drive before you get the BIOS screen
- If this does not begin to load your operating system, then restart your computer and press the “Delete” key as soon as you see the BIOS screen. Now, you will receive the BIOS settings. Here, check and ensure that your hard drive is enabled to be read by BIOS and then restart your computer again
- Press the “F8” key to access the command prompt when you are prompted with the menu. That is, when you can access the system options with “F8” key, you will receive a notification menu at the bottom of the screen. Then from this, select the “Command Prompt” option
- On the command prompt just enter the text “fdisk / mbr” and “sys c:” on the next line and press “Enter”. This will initiate a system restore of corrupted discs
If this doesn’t fix the error then, try the below explained ones:
- Then again turn off your computer and remove the power supply
- Remove the side panel from your hard drive tower by hand or with a screwdriver
- Locate the hard drive of your computer make sure all connections to and from your hard drive component are secure
- Then check for the location of the BIOS battery, which is a circular battery found on the motherboard then ensure that all connections to and from the BIOS battery are secure
- Now, check the connection of your computer’s RAM to your motherboard
- Restart your computer
After this just restart your computer, it will start normally, without any errors. These are the steps that need to be followed to fix the disk boot failure issue. Before performing these steps make sure that you have a backup of all your vital data present on your system. If you do not have the data backup then you will lose your entire data that is stored on your system. In such circumstances, just make use of the Remo Recover Windows/Mac software and recover lost data after disk boot failure in just few minutes.
Molly is the Lead Technical Specialist with distinguished knowledge and understanding of Mac computers and operating systems. Being a veteran photographer and video recovery specialist, Molly’s expertise on video formats and file repair has helped restore a lot of videos and cherished memories of users.
As a technical specialist she also believes in learning and spreading knowledge about the current and trending aspects of various media formats, Adobe Photoshop and macOS troubleshooting. A full-fledged learner, caffeine-lover and a firm-believer that technology would make the world a better place.