If you are still using Kodak cameras, the brand Kodak must mean something to you. Kodak was a popular brand in the late ’90s, which went missing when digital cameras took the market by storm. However, the company has reinvented itself with popular cameras like Kodak DC and Kodak Easyshare. These Kodak camera’s RAW file formats like KDC, DCR, K25, DC2, etc.
So if you are one of the Kodak camera users who have accidentally lost or deleted your photos from the Kodak camera, this article is for you.
In this article, you will learn how to recover lost or deleted media files from your Kodak gallery effortlessly. Before moving ahead with solutions, let us first understand the scenarios which lead to data loss in your Kodak camera.
Read this for Quick Kodak photo recovery here
Recover photos from your Kodak cameras using the Remo Photo Recovery tool. The software can effortlessly recover lost or deleted photos with just a few clicks. Additionally, this software can detect and recover files from more than 300 file types like video, images, and many more. Download and start recovering photos from your Kodak camera now.
Common Scenarios for Photo Loss on your Kodak Camera
- Human Errors like Accidental Deletion or Formatting
- Memory Card corruption due to Virus infection
- Internal and format error on the camera
- Faulty Read/Write Operation
- Physical Damage
Is it possible to Recover Deleted Photos from Kodak camera?
Yes, it is possible to recover deleted photos from Kodak Camera, because when the media files get deleted from the Kodak camera’s SD card they are not gone forever. However, the media files still reside in the SD card, only the file address is lost. Adding any new data to the SD card from which the data loss has taken place will result in overwriting.
How to Recover Lost or Deleted Photos from Kodak Camera?
To recover lost or deleted photos from Kodak Camera, follow the methods mentioned in the section below.
Recover deleted photos from Kodak Camera through Recycle Bin
Note – This method is only applicable for deleted photos that not deleted using the Shift + Delete option, if you have permanently deleted photos from your camera, you can refer to this info
- Connect your Kodak Camera to Computer
- Go to Recycle Bin Folder
- Find the deleted images which you wish to recover, select them, and click on Restore
- Once you have clicked on the Restore option, automatically the deleted photos will be recovered in your Kodak Gallery
Recover lost Kodak camera photos using memory card CMD
- Connect your SD card with the system. Right-click on the Windows icon and select Search.
- Type: command prompt and right-click on Command Prompt, select Run as administrator.
- Click Yes to run Command Prompt as administrator.
- Type: chkdsk F: /f in Command Prompt and hit Enter. (Replace F: with the drive letter of the device where you lost files or data.)
- Type: Y and hit Enter to continue.
- Press F and hit Enter again.
- Type: F:\>attrib -h -r -s /s /d *.* and hit Enter. (Replace F with the drive letter of the device where you lost files or data.)
After this, your lost files will all be found and saved in a newly created folder on the SD memory card. If this method also doesn’t work well for you. Then you will need a reliable photo recovery tool to recover your data from Kodak Camera
Remo Recover Media edition, also known as Remo Photo Recovery software which can help you to recover your lost photos from Kodak cameras like Easyshare or DC. The software supports the recovery of RAW photo files on Kodak cameras like KDC, K25, and DCR. It can retrieve images from various memory cards like memory stick, SD, XD, CF, MMC, etc. The unique built-in algorithm performs a thorough scan of the memory scan and restores all the lost photos.
Remo Recover can also recover lost/deleted generic photos, music, audio, and video files from hard drives, USB drives, iPods, etc. It can even restore other RAW image file formats such as CR2, CRW, NEF, ARW, SR2, etc. You can preview the recovered files before the actual restoration process. Deleted photos from SD card.
How Do I Perform Kodak Photo Recovery?
- Connect the Kodak camera’s SD card to your system via card reader.
- Now download and install the Remo Photo Recovery software on your computer.
- Then run the application and click on Recover Photos.
- Next, select the Kodak memory card from the given list of logical drives and click Scan.
- This will start the scanning process to recover your lost photos. Once the process is over, you will see a list of found files as File Type View and Data View.
- Finally, click on the Save option to get back the recovered files to the desired location.
Tips to Avoid Photo loss in Kodak Camera:
- Make sure your SD card is write-protected to avoid any accidental deletion.
- Always take a backup of your important data regularly.
- Avoid taking photos when the Kodak camera’s battery is low.
- Avoid taking pictures when the SD card is almost full.
- Make use of Antivirus software to avoid any corruption to the SD card.
The article summarizes 3 ways to recover photos from your Kodak Camera after multiple reasons of data loss. If you have any more questions regarding the article, make use of the comment section below.