If you are still using Kodak cameras, the brand Kodak must mean something to you. Kodak was a popular brand in the late ’90s, which went missing when digital cameras took the market by storm. However, the company has reinvented itself with popular cameras like Kodak DC and Kodak Easyshare. These Kodak camera’s RAW file formats like KDC, DCR, K25, DC2, etc.
So if you are one of the Kodak camera users who have accidentally lost or deleted your photos from the Kodak camera, this article is for you.
In this article, you will learn how to recover lost or deleted media files from your Kodak gallery effortlessly. Before moving ahead with solutions, let us first understand the scenarios which lead to data loss in your Kodak camera.
Table of Contents:
- Why do you lose photos from Kodak camera?
- Is kodak camera photo recovery even possible?
- How To Recover Deleted Photos from Kodak Digital Camera?
Common Scenarios for Photo Loss on your Kodak Camera
- Photo loss happens when you accidentally delete your photo while operating your camera.
- Do not interrupt while the files are being transferred suddenly ejecting your SD card might cause corruption and also lose your photos.
- Be aware of Malware and Virus attacks on your SD card or computer.
- Some memory card types cannot be supported in the camera so make sure you use a memory card that supports the file format.
- If there is any physical damage on the memory card this can also cause corruption to your SD card and might lose your photos.
Is it possible to Recover Deleted Photos from Kodak camera?
Yes, it is possible to recover deleted photos from Kodak Camera, because when the media files get deleted from the Kodak camera’s SD card they are not gone forever. However, the media files still reside in the SD card, only the file address is lost. Adding any new data to the SD card from which the data loss has taken place will result in overwriting.
How to Recover Lost or Deleted Photos from Kodak Camera?
To recover lost or deleted photos from Kodak Camera, follow the methods mentioned in the section below.
- Recover deleted photos from Kodak Camera through recycle bin
- Retrieve lost Kodak camera photos using memory card CMD
- Restore pictures from Kodak Camera using the Remo Photo Recovery tool
1. Recover deleted photos from Kodak Camera through Recycle Bin
Note – This method is only applicable for deleted photos that were not deleted using the Shift + Delete option, if you have permanently deleted photos from your camera, you can refer to this info
- Connect your Kodak Camera to your Computer
- Go to Recycle Bin Folder
- Find the deleted images which you wish to recover, select them, and click on Restore
- Once you have clicked on the Restore option, automatically the deleted photos will be recovered in your Kodak Gallery
2. Recover lost Kodak camera photos using memory card CMD
- Connect your SD card with the system. Right-click on the Windows icon and select Search.
- Type: command prompt and right-click on Command Prompt, select Run as administrator.
- Click Yes to run Command Prompt as administrator.
- Type: chkdsk F: /f in Command Prompt and hit Enter. (Replace F: with the drive letter of the device where you lost files or data.)
- Type: Y and hit Enter to continue.
- Press F and hit Enter again.
- Type: F:\>attrib -h -r -s /s /d *.* and hit Enter. (Replace F with the drive letter of the device where you lost files or data.)
After this, your lost files will all be found and saved in a newly created folder on the SD memory card. If this method also doesn’t work well for you. Then you will need a reliable photo recovery tool to recover your data from Kodak Camera.
3. Recover Photos From Kodak Cameras Using Remo Recover
Remo Recover Media edition, also known as Remo Photo Recovery software can help you to recover your lost photos from Kodak cameras like Easyshare or DC. The software supports the recovery of RAW photo files on Kodak cameras like KDC, K25, and DCR. It can retrieve images from various memory cards like memory sticks, SD, XD, CF, MMC, etc. The unique built-in algorithm performs a thorough scan of the memory scan and restores all the lost photos.
Remo Recover can also recover lost/deleted generic photos, music, audio, and video files from hard drives, USB drives, iPods, etc. It can even restore other RAW image file formats such as CR2, CRW, NEF, ARW, SR2, etc. You can preview the recovered files before the actual restoration process. Deleted photos from SD card.
How Do I Perform Kodak Photo Recovery?
- Download and install the Remo Recover software on your computer
- Connect the Kodak camera’s SD card to your system via a card reader
- Now, select the Kodak SD card from the list of logical drives and click Scan
Note: This will start the scanning process to recover your lost photos. Once the process is over, you will see the recovered result on your screen
- Finally, select the photos you want to recover from the memory card and click on the Recover button
Tips to Avoid Photo loss in Kodak Camera:
- Make sure your SD card is write-protected to avoid any accidental deletion.
- Always take a backup of your important data regularly.
- Avoid taking photos when the Kodak camera’s battery is low.
- Avoid taking pictures when the SD card is almost full.
- Make use of Antivirus software to avoid any corruption to the SD card.
The article summarizes 3 ways to recover photos from your Kodak Camera after multiple reasons of data loss. If you have more questions regarding the article, use the comment section below.
Kodak gallery got shut down in the year 2012 but do not worry some of the assets were brought by Shutterfly.com. You can use Shutterfly.com to store your kodak pictures. All of your photos from the Kodak website are now available on Shutterfly.com. It’s very simple to use you can create your Shutterfly account and use Shutterfly to view and store your photos.
The best software to recover your photos is Remo Recover it is the Frist in-class software to recover lost and permanently deleted photos of any kind of file format that recovers within simple and easy-to-follow steps.
Yes you can recover photos from corrupted or damaged memory card of Kodak camera with the help of a professional SD card recovery software like Remo Recover. Remo Recover can recover data from corrupt or damaged SD card of any severity without any hassle.