You have saved many RTF (Rich Text Format) files on your desktop. Since these files provide universal exchange of text files between different Word processors in different operating systems, you prefer using RTF file format for most documents. Moreover, RTF files safely transmit text documents and require a small memory space for storage. So creating .rtf files is easy, and also converting them to other file formats such as .doc or .docx can be done by just changing the file extension.
However, RTF files, just like any other file can get deleted from your storage medium due to unfortunate circumstances. There are many ways by which .rtf files gets deleted, let’s see few reasons behind it –
- Accidentally deleting RTF files using Shift Delete or Command Delete keys
- Deleting .rtf files and immediately emptying Recycle Bin or Trash without checking its contents
- Accidentally deleting RTF files from memory card, pen drive, etc, when they are connected to the desktop / laptop
You might be of the opinion that RTF files once deleted from the storage device cannot be recovered. But that is not true; as it is possible to get back the .rtf files. The deleted RTF files preside in the drive itself with a deleted tag. So as long as you do not write new data on the drive, deleted RTF files can be recovered with help from a File Recovery tool.
Undelete RTF Files Safely using Remo Recover software –
Remo Recover tool is designed to carefully scan the entire drive and get back deleted RTF files in just few simple steps. It is a non-destructive read-only tool which does not alter the contents of the original file during the entire recovery process. Apart from retrieving deleted .rtf files, the application also restores lost or missing RTF files from hard drives, external hard disks, memory cards, USB drives, and so on.
Complete Guide to Recover Deleted RTF Files:
- Download Remo File Recovery software on your system and install it by clicking the downloaded file
- Next, click on “Recover Files” option followed by “Recover Deleted Files”
- Then, select the drive from which you want to recover deleted RTF files and click on “Next” option
- Once scanning process gets completed, preview them using "Preview" option
- Finally, select and save the required files
Other Features of Remo File Recovery Software-
Remo File Recovery software is also capable of recovering other files like Doc files, presentation files, Excel files, PDF file, etc, which are deleted or lost. In fact, the program even restores files erased after formatting a drive. The utility comes with a unique Find option which allows you to locate a particular file based on the file name, file size, date of creation and file extension. Remo Recover is compatible with both Windows and Mac OS, and supports their latest versions.
Note: When files are deleted or lost from your storage device, stop using the device or adding new files to it until recovery is performed.