You just upgraded your Operating system from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Once you login to the system, you cannot access all files and folders. When you try to access a particular folder, you are greeted with the error “You don’t currently have permission to access this folder.” It can be extremely annoying especially if your system and you own the admin rights.
You cannot rename, delete and access files, folders due to this issue.
- Reassign folder owner
- Right-click on the folder and choose Properties.
- Under Properties tab, click Security.
- In Security tab, click Advanced
- Advanced options will show you the owners of the folder.
- Now click on Change.
- Click on Advanced
- Now click Find Now to see the list of users on the system.
- Choose your username in the list and click OK.
- Click OK
- Check the options “Replace owner on sub containers and objects” and “Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object” and click OK.
Now you will have complete control over the folder.
- Permission for all users
- Right-click on the folder and click Properties.
- Click Security Under Group or user names, click Edit.
- Click Add and type everyone.
- Click Check names and click OK.
- Select everyone. Under Allow, select Full control.
- Now click on Apply and OK.
- Data recovery using Remo Recover software
If you are still unable to access content within the folder, you can use an effective data recovery software Remo Recover to retrieve all the files.
- Download and install the latest version of Remo Recover software.
- On the home screen, select Recover Files
- Now select Recover Deleted Files.
- Select the drive containing this folder.
- The next window asks to select the file type(s). Skip it to recover all file types.
- The software scans the selected hard drive and shows you a list of deleted files.
- You can save the recovery session to avoid re-scanning the hard drive.
If your drive is inaccessible and you are wondering how do I recover data from my flash drive, Remo Recover software lays down the simple steps needed to restore all your files.
Data recovery is possible for all kinds of hard drives, USB drives, Memory cards, memory sticks, firewire drives and so on.
The data recovery software can recover several file types. If you are unable to find the file type you are looking for, you can add file type using the raw signature search option.
Most users find the data recovery process extremely easy thanks to the simple user interface.
Customer Evangelist @remosoftware. Trying to perfect the art of writing while running a business. Fan of exceptional customer service.