- SD Card or HDD is not accessible, the type of the file system is RAW
- unable to run chkdsk on the disk
- The disk in drive X: is not formatted.
- The volume does not contain a recognized file system
- Drive X:\ not accessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable.
These kind of errors while accessing a drive will block your access to data stored on the drive. Usually when your drive is Raw you receive these sort of errors. RAW drive / partition is a state of drive, where OS fails to recognize the drive’s file system. Hence, you cannot access the drive in turn you lose data.
Nevertheless, here are few solutions which will guide you in accessing your data from a RAW drive. Read further…
Use Remo Recover Tool to Access Data from Drives Showing RAW
Remo Recover Windows (Pro) tool will scan your entire drive and recovers all your data even from RAW drive. The tool is user-friendly and UI is so simple to use, you don’t need any technical specialists to get access to your data. To access the data from drive, you need to first download Remo Recover Tool, Install and Launch the tool. Then just follow the below explained steps:
- Download and Install Remo Recover Software on your computer and connect the RAW drive to this healthy computer.
- Launch the software, select the External storage drive from which you wish to recover data, and click on the Scan option.
- During the scanning process, you can click on the Dynamic Recovery View option to preview the files while the recovery is in process.
- Once the scanning is completed, all your deleted files from the external drive will be located under the Lost and Found folder or Lost Partition folder.
- You will be able to Preview the files which are being recovered.
- Select all the files you want to recover from the drive and click on the Recover button to save them in the desired location.
With these steps, you can easily access data from RAW drives/partitions too. The tool will even come in handy to recover data from a formatted/ partitioned drive. You can use this tool even to recover data from laptop drives, hard drives, external hard drives, USB drives, memory cards, etc. it works well on all the latest Windows versions including Windows 10.
Convert RAW drive to NTFS
- Open My Computer (This PC) or Disk Management, and right-click RAW drive
- Here, chose select "Format".
- then, select the NTFS file system and provide all required details like allocation unit size, volume label, format options, etc.
- Once done, click Start this will convert/reformat your RAW drive to NTFS
After completion of the process, you will be able to your drive and start using it. However, with this step, your data will be erased. So, before performing this solution, make sure you have a complete backup of your data. For this, you need to use solution 1 to restore back all data inaccessible form.