Master Boot Record contains the info about how the logical partitions and file systems are arranged on the device. It even holds the details about the operating system location and works as OS loader while booting the PC. However, sometimes, in your Windows 8 system MBR might get corrupt due to logical issues or due to some other reasons and makes you unable to boot into Windows 8 system.
However, if MBR gets damaged, then you will get an error message stating “error loading Operating System”. In such cases, no need to worry, you can effortlessly troubleshoot the corrupt MBR by means of the some manual procedure as explained below:
NOTE: Before performing the following steps make sure you have proficient knowledge about the partitions, OS and other system related issues.
- Take Windows 8 installation DVD and insert it in your computer’s optical drive
- Now, press F8 button during booting the computer to go into the Windows Recovery Menu. The Windows 8’s recovery Menu contains Metro styled UI.
- Next, click on Troubleshoot option
- Then, in the consecutive screen just hit on Advanced options button to enter into Automatic Repair Menu
- Here use Bootrec.exe tool. For this go to Command prompt by clicking of Start + R and enter the following command: bootrec.exe / fixmbr
- Soon after finishing this command, reboot your Windows 8 system and see how smoothly it loads now.
With the assistance of these steps, you can fix Windows 8 Master Boot Record easily. But, the process requires enough time, patience and is complicated for novice user. It requires technical proficiency else a single mistake will cause severe errors and leads to data loss. Before trying to fix the MBR just recover your entire data using Remo Recover (Windows) tool. The tool can effortlessly restore all your lost data from Windows 8 even after MBR corruption. In addition, you can make use of this application to recover data from dynamic disk from Windows 7 in simple steps. Click on link to read more...