Most of the users prefer to employ Google Calendar but some people like to have their email, contacts and calendar in MS Outlook. Google supports automatic syncing with Outlook if you are a user of Google Apps for Government, Business, Education, etc. and it is very easy to perform this process manually. The process just involves few simple steps. Following are the steps which describe you how to synchronize Outlook with Google Calendar:
1. Open your Google Calendar in a web browser: Ensure your Microsoft Outlook application is also open.
2. On the left side bar, you will get “My calendars” header with an arrow next to it. Just click on the arrow and choose “Settings”.
3. You will see a list of all your calendars under “Calendar”: Find one which you wish to sync to Outlook and click on the name of the calendar to view its details.
4. Next, scroll down to the “Private Address” section and click on “ICAL” button.
5. You will a dialog box along with a URL, click on it
6. Decide whether you want to import this to calendar into Outlook
7. Wait for the Google Calendar to open in side-by-side view with Outlook: Even it will be added to your navigation pane under “other Calendars”. You can see all of your events and reminders in Outlook but remember that any alterations you make to the Google Calendar will not be saved into Outlook. You need to go with another manual operation to transfer those changes.
Now, your Outlook will be synchronized with Google calendar successfully. One has to perform this carefully because if anything goes wrong during this process, then there are chances of your Outlook PST file getting corrupt. In such cases, use Remo Repair Outlook PST tool to easily repair Microsoft Outlook PST file and extract all its attributes like calendar, emails, contacts etc. securely.