Videos are one of the most worthwhile ways of storing your success or special moments. Shooting videos is not just limited to your passion anymore but it is a serious profession during this pandemic to engage your users. Videos are prone to corruption irrespective of the devices used to capture them. Be it your digital camera, camcorder, iPhone, or smartphone you might have a video that is not playing due to some reasons.
However, with the help of reliable video repair software, you can easily fix your video corruption with ease. Often, users end up permanently losing or damaging videos while repairing them.
To overcome the problem of finding the best video repair software, we tried and tested 5 renowned video repair tools to help you understand what is best for you and your damaged video file.
Let us start analyzing the top 5 video repair tools to repair MP4, MOV, AVI, or any other video file format.
Which is the best video repair software?
1. VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player is a free multimedia player. Most of the users are familiar with VLC Media Player as a tool to play multiple formats of videos but not as a tool to repair corrupt video files. It might be surprising for you, but VLC Player can easily fix MOV, MP4, and AVI video corruptions for free.
- VLC Media Player is available for free and can repair minor video corruptions.
- VLC can easily fix broken AVI file index, codec errors, video compression issues, etc.
- This video repair tool is compatible with all the latest versions of Windows, Mac, iPhone, and Android devices.
- This tool cannot fix major or severe video corruption.
- VLC is majorly focused on playing multiple formats of videos than repairing them.
- It might alter the original video while repairing a severely corrupt video.
2. Remo Video Repair software
Remo Video Repair Software is a user-friendly video repair tool that comes with self-explanatory instructions to repair MOV, MP4, and AVI videos. This video repair tool is designed to fix various video corruption such as unplayable video or audio, video corrupted while editing, malware infection, codec issue, audio-video sync error, video lag, header corruption, broken or damaged video, and many more.
Moreover, the Remo Video Repair tool is free from virus or malware attacks and safe to repair your videos recorded on different cameras and camcorders like Canon, Nikon, Olympus, GoPro, Sony, Kodak, etc.
- It can easily fix severely corrupt or damaged HD/ 4k videos of .mov, .mp4, .avi, file formats, and offers a free preview of the repaired video.
- Remo Video Repair tool is designed with a read-only mode interface to safely repair corrupt videos without altering the original content.
- It can easily repair videos recorded on digital cameras, camcorders, CCTV, drones, DSLR, mobile phones, iPhones, etc.
- Compatible with Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, etc., and macOS Big Sur, Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra, Sierra, etc.
- Batch video repairing is not supported. You should repair one video at a time.
- It cannot directly repair videos saved on the iPhone or smartphone. You should copy corrupt videos to your system or any other external storage device to repair them effortlessly.
Steps to Repair video using Remo Video Repair software:
Step 1: Download and install Remo Video Repair software on Windows/ Mac.
Step 2: Launch the video repair tool and click on the Select File button to select the corrupt video file to be repaired.
Step 3: Now, click Choose Reference MOV file button to select a healthy video as a reference file and click the Repair option.
Note: If you are fixing AVI, DivX, and Xvid videos, you need not provide a reference video.
Step 4: After the video repairing process ends, you can freely preview the repaired video using the Preview button and click the Save button to restore the repaired video at any location of your choice.
3. Stellar Video Repair software
Stellar Video Repair software is a simple but effective video repair software to fix multiple videos in a batch. This video repair tool also offers a free preview of the repaired videos and it can easily fix different formats of videos such as .mov, .avi, .f4v, .m4v, etc. at once. However, this video fixer tool can only repair severely corrupt videos using the sample video.
- Stellar Video Repair tool comes with the Advance Repair option to fix severely damaged videos.
- It supports batch video repairing in just one click.
- With the help of this tool, you can fix video lagging on VLC, video header corruption, etc.
- The speed of the batch video repairing process slows down when you repair more videos at once.
- To fix severely corrupt or damaged video, you must add a sample video of the same file format captured using the same device.
- Unlike the Remo Video Repair tool, Stellar Video Repair doesn’t provide a lifetime product license. Users should renew the subscription annually.
4. Yodot MOV Repair
Yodot MOV Repair tool is designed with a user-friendly interface to exclusively fix MOV and MP4 videos in simple clicks. With the help of this tool, even novice users can effortlessly repair videos without any difficulty. This MOV repair tool is free from virus/ malware attacks and advertisements. It also offers a free preview of the repaired .mov and .mp4 video.
- Repairs truncated, damaged, or corrupt MOV and MP4 video files.
- Available as a free demo version to evaluate its performance before buying it.
- 24/7 technical assistance regarding product installation and video repairing process.
- Must provide a healthy file as a reference video to repair corrupt MOV or MP4 video.
- Yodot MOV Video Repair tool cannot repair AVI, Xvid, and DivX video files.
- The tool cannot repair multiple MOV or MP4 videos at once.
5. Digital Video Repair tool
Digital Video Repair tool has a single Window to exclusively repair your AVI video files. Most of the time, it throws an error saying unknown or not Supported Format even though you try to repair corrupt .avi videos. You can make use of this AVI repair tool to fix minor AVI video corruptions such as the AVI file not playing. However, it is suggested to either make use of VLC Media Player to fix minor AVI video corruption or Remo Repair AVI tool to fix major AVI file corruption.
- Simple interface to repair AVI, MOV, and MP4 videos not playing or freezing.
- It can help you fixing audio-video sync errors, broken video, etc.
- This Digital Video Repair tool comes with a multilingual user interface.
- Digital Video Repair tool is not effective to repair severely corrupt AVI, MOV, and MP4 videos.
- It is not compatible with the Mac operating system and doesn't offer a preview of the repaired video.
- The tool doesn’t provide any warranty to repair video and it might severely harm your video.
Hope this article has helped you understand the best video repair tool under various circumstances. Whenever you make your mind to buy a video repair tool, then it is recommended to try filtering out the different reliable video repairing tools available in the market from different perspectives. You can also refer to this article to understand the different applications of video repair software along with their pros and cons.
Always remember, even though fixing corrupt videos is the priority for you, but you should not compromise on elements like the safety of video, ease of repairing, time taken to repair, technical assistance from the sellers. Do let us know which of the above-mentioned video repair tools is the best according to you.
Molly is the Lead Technical Specialist with distinguished knowledge and understanding of Mac computers and operating systems. Being a veteran photographer and video recovery specialist, Molly’s expertise on video formats and file repair has helped restore a lot of videos and cherished memories of users.
As a technical specialist she also believes in learning and spreading knowledge about the current and trending aspects of various media formats, Adobe Photoshop and macOS troubleshooting. A full-fledged learner, caffeine-lover and a firm-believer that technology would make the world a better place.