Microsoft Outlook is an excellent email client that allows you to not only send and receive emails but even to keep track of all your day-to-day events. These events could be activities that last for 24 hours or more. Some of these events include birthday, meetings, group schedules and perform other tasks, reminders, etc. All these can be done using the Calendar and scheduling component of your Microsoft Outlook that is fully integrated with e-mail, contacts, and other features.
Actually these events do not display in individual time slots like appointments do. They are displayed in a small banner area just below the date heading. If you are new to Outlook and want to know how you can add events to your Outlook calendar then read on to know the procedure:
- Open Outlook to display the mailbox. On the left side of the screen locate the Calendar tab in order to access your calendar application.
- Once you click on it, the calendar will often show the current day of the week or week's summary by listing all previous entries or appointments
- Go to Home that is located at the top of the screen and hit New Items tab from the drop-down menu. (Note: Any event regardless of the type is considered as a new item and each of the new events has to be entered separately.)
- From the drop-down list select the All-Day event tab in case the events occur during the entire day and most of the events will have a start and end time.
- Now a New event pop-up window will be created and displayed
- In this enter the subject heading for the event in the Subject field. This subject is what is displayed after the event is created in the summary view of the calendar.
- If interested you can even mention the location for the event (optional)
- Now, just click on the Options icon. This will indicate the status of the event to the other viewers. These status indicators are color coded and include Out of Office status, busy, free or tentative.
- Now enter the Start and End time of the event from the pull-down menu.
- If the event lasts for multiple days, then indicate it with the start and end times. The event will show up across multiple days in the Day, Week or Month summary view of your Outlook calendar.
- Click on the Save button. This will save your added event and closes the browser window.
Now the event should be displayed in the Day, Week or Month summary view of the calendar. In case you have multiple events then repeat above steps for each event. Even non-related events have to be added to the calendar individually. In the process, if your Outlook crashes or you delete any of your emails permanently by opting a wrong option then doesn’t worry just use Remo Repair Outlook PST tool. The utility can easily repair your PST file and recover all your deleted emails, contacts and calendar items with just few mouse clicks. Thus, with the above steps you have successfully added an event to the Outlook Calendar. In addition to this you can repair Outlook PST file in office 2007 in a couple of minutes. Thus, with the above steps you have successfully added an event to the Outlook Calendar.