Posted by: Tony Landry, Follow me: @tony_landry
“Recently I performed check disk on my hard drive however I was bit hesitant when the computer asked me to perform it. One of the unwise things which I did was not taking backup of my important file before performing check disk; anyway I have lost many of the important files which were very essential to me. Knowing my exact situation can anyone help me with some best tips and solutions, any help will be greatly valued.”
Yes, you can surely recover all the lost data which are lost after performing check disk. This can be accomplished by making use of data recovery tool such as Remo Recover (Windows). At times check disk (also known as “chkdsk”) can be nightmare where chkdsk opearation sometimes instead of repairing will still worsen the things. One question that still remains as a question in many users mind is “check disk should be performed or not”. There is no doubt that performing check disk has many advantages such as; fixing file system errors and bad sectors, detects lost clusters and crossed linked files, repairs directory errors and many more. However before performing check disk it recommended that you take backup of your important files and save it in some safer location, because no one knows when disasters will happen.
Reasons behind files missing after performing check disk
- When users make use of untrusted third party tool to perform check disk then this tool will at times incorrectly perform some activities resulting in loss of files
- Software conflicts can be one of the reasons which can result in loss of files while performing check disk
- When there is any interruption (e.g. abrupt shutdown) while performing check disk then this can sometimes lead to loss of files from your drive
- Utilizing files (that are under scan of check disk) while performing check disk can put the files under threats of losing
Apart from this there could be many other reasons too, but there is no need to worry if you have come across any such situation because Remo Hard Drive Recovery tool can easily recover all the data that are lost.
Best qualities of Remo Recover (Windows)
- Provides you with easy to use interface using which you can easily accomplish the task efficiently
- Has the ability to recover more than 300 types of files, besides this you can modify your scanning process by adding or editing file signatures of the files
- Support various kinds of hard disks such as SATA, IDE, SCSI and SSD. Additionally, it can recover files from file system such as NTFS, NTFS5, FAT16, FAT32 and ExFAT
- It has the ability to recover deleted files, thus it can easily undelete files from flash drive, memory card, FireWire drives and iPods
- After recovery is performed you can compress the recovered data to save disk space
- Allows you to preview the recovered data before even purchasing the product
Steps to Recover Files using Remo Recover (Windows)
- Download and install trial version of Remo Recover (Windows) on your computer
- Launch it and click on “Recover Files” option, and from the consecutive slide click on “Recover Lost Files” option
- Select the drive from which you lost the files
- After successful scanning you will be listed with all the recovered data
- You can preview the recovered data by using “Preview” option and once you are satisfied with recovery you will have to purchase full version of this product in order to save the recovered data
Additional Info: You may sometimes lose your important AVI files due to formatting. However you can easily recover formatted AVI files from your computer. Thus to know more just click on the link which is provided.