What if your important files saved on the external hard drive are deleted or lost?
External hard drives are portable storage devices that are connected to the computer to increase the storage limit. These external hard drives are capable of storing tons of files, photos, videos, and many more based on its storage capacity.
No matter how carefully you use your external hard drive it can still be prone to data deletion or loss. For many users, an external hard drive is a means to backup or save important files due to its flexibility.
If your important files are deleted on the external hard drive then, you need not worry! Here is an article giving you a complete guide on how to recover deleted files from external hard drive safely.
As the recovery process directly depends on the cause of data loss, it is important to understand the reasons for missing files before moving onto the recovery of deleted or missing files from external hard drive.
Common Reasons for Lost Data on External Hard Drive
- Accidentally deleted files from an external hard disk.
- Lost data due to formatting external hard drives.
- Missing files due to inaccessible external hard drive severely infected with or software corruption.
- Interruptions like system shutdown, power surge issue, etc. while transferring files from your external hard drive to other devices can result in missing files.
- Abrupt removal of external hard drives or any other external storage drives like USB flash drive, memory card, or SD card might cause data deletion or data loss.
Restoring deleted files is easier if you have a habit of maintaining a regular backup of your external hard drive in the form of an ISO image file.
This ISO backup on a USB drive can come in really handy during the time of crisis like permanently deleting important backup files from an external hard drive with shift+ delete keys or external drive corruption.
Additional information: Although if you have simply deleted a file on your computer then, it can be easily restored from the Recycle bin before you empty the bin or delete a file from it.
Move on to the section if you are looking to restore files from external hard disk.
How to Recover Deleted Files from External Hard Drive?
When the priority is getting back missing files, fixing corruptions in external hard drive, SSD, memory card, pen drive, etc. may not serve the purpose. Repairing the drive may make your residing data more vulnerable.
Make use of Remo Recover software which is the prominent external hard drive recovery tool not only to recover deleted files from external hard drive but also to recover data from formatted, corrupted, or inaccessible internal or external drives.
Remo Recover, a specially designed user-friendly tool to safely recover deleted files from external hard drive can easily restore deleted or lost files even from a corrupted drive. The Deep scan engine can retrieve more than 300 file formats such as photos, raw-images, videos, text documents, Microsoft excel sheets, office files, etc.
Recover Deleted Files from External Hard Drive using Remo Recover Software
Below is the complete guide for restoring deleted files from external hard drive on your Windows computer with the help of Remo Recover tool.
- Download and install Remo Recover software on your Windows computer.
- Connect your external hard drive to your computer and launch Remo Recover software.
- From the main screen select the Recover Partition option and select the external hard drive option on which you have deleted files.
- Now, click the Scan option.
Note: After the scanning process completes, the software displays your lost or deleted files from the external hard drive in Data view and File Type View. Besides this, you can also Preview files like photos or videos for free before saving them.
- Select the deleted files which you want to recover from the external hard drive and click Save option to restore them in a location of your choice.
Benefits of using Remo Recover tool
- Recovers deleted data from unreadable internal and external hard drive, SD card, pen drive, SSD, etc. Also, perform formatted USB drive recovery with ease
- Recovers deleted or lost files from external hard drive flawlessly on your Windows 10 or it's previous versions without any restrictions on the limit of the recoverable file size.
- Remo Recover’s powerful deep scan algorithm can recover deleted files from external hard drive partitions like EXFAT, NTFS, FAT-32, etc.
- Remo Recover offers a free preview of deleted or lost videos, photos, etc. before you save them on your destination.
Recovering data from external hard drive is not easy if you have not taken a backup of your deleted files. However, by making use of Remo Recover software you can easily restore all your deleted or lost files from external hard drive in a few clicks.
Senior Editor, Content Analyst and a fan of exceptional customer service. John develops and publishes instructional and informational content regarding partition management, Windows hot-fixes, data management and computer troubleshooting.
As a tenured data recovery specialist, John shares exceptional insights and blog posts about data loss and data recovery across any storage device. With 8+ years’ experience in writing for Data Recovery for both Mac OS and Windows OS computers, he is an avid learner who always wants to polish and simplify the data recovery process. John passes his free time playing Chess and reading Science Fiction novels.