“I have a windows 7 computer upgraded to the free windows 10 upgraded a while back. The problem is when I plug in my USB and try to play things like my video files the operating system comes up with an error message Error Code 0xc00d36c4I have checked all online solutions like resetting WMP 12 ECT and the USB. What could be the possible issue? “
Well, if you have some video files on USB or any external drive and you encounter an error code 0xc00d36c4 while trying to play the video, then there can be a driver issue with the external drive or the video file itself. In most cases, the video file could be corrupted. Let us first understand the causes and how to fix error Code 0xc00d36c4.
|How to fix 0xc00d36c4|
|By changing the USB driver setting on OS|
|Updating the Codecs to fix 0xc00d36c4|
|Using a versatile media player|
|Change Video file extension|
|AVI repair tool to fix error code 0xc00d36c4|
Before moving ahead with solutions. Let us first understand the causes and how to fix error Code 0xc00d36c4.
Common scenarios for the video error Code 0xc00d36c4
- Corrupt video file
- Incompatible codecs
- An issue with the USB drive
- Media file does not support the file format
if you encounter the error code 0xc00d36c4, we will guide you through the simple solutions on how to fix the video file with ease
Introducing the quickest and easiest way to fix video corruption. Remo Repair AVI is a reliable AVI tool to solve the error code 0xc00d36c4. The video repair tool separates the corrupted audio-video interface, repairs them and then adjoin them to provide a playable video file
As discussed above, one of the main reasons for the error is corrupt or outdated drivers. If this is the case, it can be resolved by reinstalling the drivers using the following steps.
- Click on Windows + X and select Device Manager from the menu that opens
- Find the item ‘Universal Serial Bus Controllers’ and expand the list
- Right-click on the USB driver or any external device in the list and click Uninstall
- Repeat for all devices and restart your computer
Installing the latest supporting codec for the video, you may be able to fix the error 0xc00d36c4. By restarting the media file you will be able to have a playable video file.
Using a versatile media player like VLC media player can really fix the issue. They are compatible with multiple codecs and video file format and play the video without a pause or a playback.
- Open your video file with VLC.
- Go to Media. Select Convert/ Save.
- After that, add input files or streams that require to be transcoded.
- Press Convert/ Save.
- In the Convert window, select Browse to provide the file name and location against the Destination file option.
Add profile or click Edit Selected Profile – the wrench icon to change or add particular profile settings.
- Next, click Start. Your converted video file will be saved at the specified location.
When the media player you are using does not seem to support the mp4 video file format, converting it into a viable format can always solve the 0xc00d36c4 error. One simple way to change the video file extension is by using an online video converter. And here, we show you the steps to show the file extension in Windows 10.
- Open the File Explorer by the Windows search box (Type & Enter) or the Desktop icon.
- Check the File name extensions. If you can't preview the video file extension, simply check this feature under the View tab. Not working? Click the Options and move forward.
- After clicking Options > View, uncheck Hide extensions for known file types.
If the error 0xc00d36c4 is still not fixed even after following all the above methods, then the video file is corrupted. You need the right repair tool to fix the issue.
Remo Repair AVI has been designed with a robust scanning program which separates audio and video streams of video file to analyze. Later, adjoins them post repair to produce a playable video file. In this process, it doesn’t modify your video file as it works on the read-only methodology. The tool is compatible with repairing DivX, XVID, and other file formats.
Are you facing playback, pausing issues while watching your favorite movie or series? Fix video error 0xc00d36c4 issues using the Remo Repair AVI tool. The software is designed with a robust repairing mechanism, which can repair the video within no matter of time.
- Download the Remo Repair AVI tool on your computer and install it.
- Launch the application and on the main screen click on the Browse option to provide the DivX file which is having an audio problem.
- After selecting the file click on the Repair option.
- Wait for the process to get completed and once it is finished the application will allow you to preview the video file using Preview
- Finally, save the repaired file.
Note - if you are wondering how to do Window File Recovery, click here.
The above article has a detailed description of how to fix error code 0xc00d36c4. The error usually occurs due to Windows USB setting, unsupported codec, or in some worst cases the video file might be corrupted. Remo Repair AVI file is a reliable tool to repair tool which can fix any of your video-related issues effortlessly.
Tony Landry is a Web Content Editor at Remo Software. He loves to write, edit, and manage content for users trying to troubleshoot and fix problems on Windows, Outlook, storage drives and Cloud storage networks.
He has published more than 200 articles in Remo Software blog. He actively engages in research and problem-solving techniques to consistently generate great web content. Fixing various hardware problems on computer and storage devices along with a great knack for fixing Outlook errors, Tony is also the fun-time IT guy for all his work friends. He lives in the San Francisco Bay Area and enjoys cycling.