The below article has a detailed description of how to fix error code 0xc00d36c4. The error usually occurs due to a Windows USB setting, an unsupported codec, or in some worst cases the video file might be corrupted. In this article, you will learn about effective manual methodologies to fix the error code 0xc00d36c4. Remo Repair AVI file is a reliable tool to repair any of your video-related issues effortlessly. If you have any further queries regarding the article, make use of the comment section below
“I have a windows 7 computer upgraded to the free Windows 11 upgraded a while back. The problem is when I plug in my USB and try to play things like my video files the operating system comes up with an error message Error Code 0xc00d36c4I have checked all online solutions like resetting WMP 12 ECT and the USB. What could be the possible issue? “
Table of contents
- What does video error 0xc00d36c4 mean
- What are the causes for the error this file isn't playable 0xc00d36c4
- How to Fix error code 0xc00d36c4
What does video error 0xc00d36c4 mean?
Error This file isn't playable 0xc00d36c4 usually occurs after windows installation or if you play the video using external devices like USB, SD, etc. and sometimes you will encounter the error 0xc00d36c4 because of unsupported file format.
What are the Causes for the error this file isn't playable 0xc00d36c4?
Error code 0xc000d36c4 occurs due to various reasons like if you have some video files on USB or any external drive with an unsupported driver or faulty video setting. However, In most cases, the video file could be corrupted.
Well, if you have some video files on a USB or any external drive and you encounter an error code 0xc00d36c4 while trying to play the video, then there can be a driver issue with the external drive or the video file itself. In most cases, the video file could be corrupted.
Now that we understood what is error code 0xc00d364 and why it occurs, let’s move on to fixing it in the next section.
How to Fix error code 0xc00d36c4?
Using the below methods, you will be able to resolve the error code 0xc00d36c4.
- Use a compatible media player
- By changing the USB driver setting on OS
- Updating the Codecs to fix 0xc00d36c4
- Using a versatile media player like VLC
- Change video extension
- Update Display Adapters
- Display protection in windows media player
Method 1:By changing the USB driver setting on OS
As discussed above, one of the main reasons for the error is corrupt or outdated drivers. If this is the case, it can be resolved by reinstalling the drivers using the following steps.
- Click on Windows + X and select Device Manager from the menu that opens
- Find the item ‘Universal Serial Bus Controllers and expand the list
- Right-click on the USB driver or any external device in the list and click Uninstall
- Repeat for all devices and restart your computer
Method 2:Updating the Codecs
Installing the latest supporting codec for the video, you may be able to fix the error 0xc00d36c4. By restarting the media file you will be able to have a playable video file.
Method 3:Repair error code 0xc00d36c4 using the VLC media player
Using a versatile media player like VLC media player can really fix the issue. They are compatible with multiple codecs and video file formats and play the video without a pause or a playback.
- Open your video file with VLC.
- Go to Media. Select Convert/ Save.
- After that, add input files or streams that require to be transcoded.
- Press Convert/ Save.
- In the Convert window, select Browse to provide the file name and location against the Destination file option. Add a profile or click Edit Selected Profile – the wrench icon to change or add particular profile settings.
- Next, click Start. Your converted video file will be saved at the specified location.
Method 4:Change Video file extension
When the media player you are using does not seem to support the mp4 video file format, converting it into a viable format can always solve the 0xc00d36c4 error. One simple way to change the video file extension is by using an online video converter. And here, we show you the steps to show the file extension in Windows 10.
- Open the File Explorer by the Windows search box (Type & Enter) or the Desktop icon.
- Check the File name extensions. If you can't preview the video file extension, simply check this feature under the View tab. Not working? Click the Options and move forward.
- After clicking Options > View, uncheck Hide extensions for known file types.
Method 5:Use a compatible media player
We recommend you try this methodology first because in some cases due to an incompatible media player you might encounter this error code 0xc00d36c4, hence it is advised to use a versatile media player to see if your video is playable without coming across the error code
Method 6:Update Display Adapters
- Go to Device Manager.
- Right-click on your driver.
- Click Update Driver Software.
- Click Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software
Method 7:Disable Copy Protection in Windows Media Player
Another reason why you might encounter Error code 0xc00d36c4 is because of the copy protection option.
- Open Windows Media Player.
- On the top-left, click the Organize tab.
- From the drop-down, select Options.
- In the Options window, click on the Rip Music tab.
- Under Rip settings, uncheck Copy protect music.
The above not worked well for you? verify the location of the video file. If the video file is stored on an external hard drive, we recommend you migrate the location of the video file to a local OS drive because of the probable reason why the error may be due to the corruption of the external storage device.
- If the error 0xc00d36c4 is still not fixed even after following all the above methods, then the video file is corrupted. You need to make use of the best video repair tool to fix this issue.
- Remo Repair AVI has been designed with a robust scanning program that separates audio and video streams of video files to analyze. Later, adjoins them post-repair to produce a playable video file. In this process, it doesn’t modify your video file as it works on the read-only methodology. The tool is compatible with repairing DivX, XVID, and other file formats.
Are you facing playback, or pausing issues while watching your favorite movie or series? Fix video error 0xc00d36c4 issues using the Remo Repair AVI tool. The software is designed with a robust repairing mechanism, which can repair the video within no matter of time.
How Do I Fix video error code 0xc00d36c4?
- Download and Install the Remo Repair Video
- by selecting the file, and clicking on the Repair option.
- Preview the file, once the video is repaired
- Save the repaired file to the desired location
The article summarizes what is the error 0xc00d36c4 and how to fix the error 0xc00d36c4 with the effective 8 solutions listed. If you have any further queries regarding the article, you can make use of the comment section below.