Volumes are the logical space in which data, system files, and other information is stored in macOS. While booting a Mac, all the local file systems in a volume are mounted on the operating system.
In other words, a volume is mounted if the macOS is capable of reading and writing data on the disk. Hence mounting is the process in which the Mac operating system gathers information about the corresponding volume in order to gain access to the storage space in order to read and write information.
Unfortunately, under some conditions, a volume or a drive may not get mounted. As a result, the data in that volume becomes inaccessible. In such cases, you will have to recover data from an un-mountable mac drive. Let us first understand the reasons why this happens?
Common scenarios for inaccessible volume
- File system corruption (MFT) - The main reason behind the un-mounting of the volume on macOS is corruption. File corruption leads to a loss in the MFT (Master file table). MFT acts as a book-keeper for all the files in the operating systems, it maintains the information about every file on the hard disk.
- Virus or malware infection – Virus and malicious software can directly affect the core registry of an OS and result in corruption and mal-functioning in the operating system.
- Operating system malfunction. – An operating system malfunction is very rare, but it does have a huge impact on your drive and causes logical corruptions in the drive.
Remo Recover (Mac) Pro comes handy when your drive with important information gets unmounted. You can regain access to lost your files and folders with the help of Remo Recover. The tool has been designed to find files and folders from unmounted volumes, it makes it the recovery process easy and feasible for the user.
How to Recover Data From an Un-mountable Drive on Mac?
Remo Recover Mac Pro Edition is an innovative utility that can recover data from deleted/missing volumes, formatted/reformatted volumes and repartitioned drives, with complete folder hierarchy. In addition to this, the software allows us to restore data from inaccessible or corrupt volumes and volumes that fail to mount.
To recover data from un-mountable volumes, you just have to download and install the software. Then follow the on-screen instructions to recover the data from the un-mountable drive on mac.
Have you lost data from an un-mountable mac drive? Recover your lost or deleted data from an un-mountable mac drive with ease using Remo Mac data recovery software. The tool is programmed with an advanced scan engine that can recover any lost or deleted data effortlessly.
Features of Remo Recover.
- The tool supports capable of recovering lost or deleted data from APFS, HFSX, HFS+, and FAT32 partitions
- It restores data erased or missing from various Mac devices like MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, and so on
- Files lost after factory reset can also be retrieved on Mac
- It can recover data from various macOS like Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra, El captain, Yosemite and Mountain Lion, etc.
Steps to Recover Data from an Un-mountable Drive on Mac
- Download and install Remo Recover (Mac) software on a working Mac operating system
- Connect the un-mountable external drive to working computer
- Launch the software and select on the un-mountable external drive.
- Select Recover Volumes / Drives option on the main screen
- In the next screen, you can choose between standard scan and advanced scan. Select advanced Scan to recover mac volumes
- Choose Volume Recovery option in the next screen
- Select the desired drive or all the drives from the list of available drives and click on Next button
- When scanning is done, you can preview the recovered files and save them on a location of your choice
Remo Mac Data Recovery software is also capable of recovering data lost after OS reinstallation, hard drive failure, crash, non-booting drive, and so on. It comes with advanced algorithms to retrieve data from corrupted or inaccessible Mac OS volumes. The application allows you to add/edit new signatures for files to ensure complete data recovery on Mac.
Data loss is an unpredictable scenario, but it can be addressed by taking measures.
- Avoid accepting all the files without anti-virus verification
- Always have a data backup on the cloud.
Customer Evangelist @remosoftware. Trying to perfect the art of writing while running a business. Fan of exceptional customer service.