With smartphones becoming self-sufficient with internal storage one might say that SD card is replaced by internal storage. However, the SD card still shares a strong relationship with cameras and smartphones. In this article, we are going to discuss efficient methods to transfer or move photos to SD card from camera, smartphone, and computer.
Be it due to insufficient storage space on your phone or to have a backup of data on your SD card, you must be careful while transferring the data. Follow the below-mentioned methods to transfer or restore data/photos from an SD card
How Do I transfer data to SD card?
To transfer data from your internal storage or any storage device to an SD card, the below-listed methods will effortlessly help you achieve the process.
- Move data from Android internal storage to SD card
- Transfer photos from Android internal storage to SD card
- Transfer photos from Internal camera memory to SD card
- Transferring photos from computer to SD card
Note – While performing the migration methods mentioned in the section below, if you happened to lose your valuable photos/images, you will need a reliable data recovery tool to recover the lost photos effortlessly.
Follow steps to migrate data from your android internal storage to SD card.
- Open File Manager or My Files from its location on your phone.
- You’ll encounter a list of the different file categories and the storage options available on your phone. Tap the Documents folder.
- At the upper right side of the screen, tap Menu (three vertical dots) to show a drop-down list of actions.
- Tap Edit and select All the files, or choose individual files you want to move.
- Tap Move.
- Go back to My Files using the Home icon, and tap SD Card. Tap the desired location on the SD card and select Move Here. If you’re unsure, you can always tap Cancel to start over.
- Your phone will start moving the files to the SD card. Do this for any other files you’d like to move to the SD card.
In order to move photos from your android phone to your SD card, follow the steps mentioned below to achieve the migration process with ease.
- Open File Manager, Internal storage and click on DCIM
- Find Camera and hold a long tap on it
- You will have three options on the icon at the top and tap Edit.
- Tap Move on the lower left side of the screen (the position of this menu depends on your device). Go back to
- My Files using the Home icon, and tap SD Card.
- Tap DCIM. If you don’t have a folder labelled DCIM on the SD card, tap Create folder and label it DCIM, and then tap Done to set off the transfer.
To transfer your photos from camera to your SD card follow the steps mentioned below.
- Insert the SD card into your camera
- Turn on the Camera.
- Press the View Image button on the Camera or touch the View Image icon on the LCD display.
- Select the MENU on the top right portion in the LCD display.
- Press Edit/Copy.
- Select Copy.
- Press Int. Memory.
- Select Memory Card.
- Select individual or multiple images depending on your need
- Then click OK to complete the process
Follow the steps mentioned in the section below to effortlessly transfer your photos to an SD card
- Connect the SD card to your computer and make sure it is detected.
- Press Win + E to open the Computer. Locate the Photo/ files you want to move from your computer.
- Cut/copy and paste the desired files from your computer to your SD card. You can also drag and drop items.
- Safely disconnect your SD card.
If there is an interruption during the process of transferring photos/data to your SD card, it might lead to serious data loss. In such cases, you can make use of a reliable photo recovery software to recover deleted photos from your SD card.
Remo Photo Recovery tool is an award-winning photo recovery utility that is designed with an advanced search algorithm that can easily recover more than 300 plus file types in no time.
The tool is completely free to download and test the photo recovery process with its Preview feature by your side. Do not waste your time anymore, start downloading, and start recovering deleted photos.
Recover lost photo while transferring to SD card
- Download Remo Photo Recovery Tool by clicking the Download Now button and install it on your computer.
- Connect camera card to the system where software is installed.
- Launch the software, select the Recover Files option
- Now, select the camera card from the list of drives and click on the Next option to begin the scanning process.
- After the scanning process, you will get your deleted photos back and you can preview them before saving.
The article summarizes how to transfer photos/data onto your SD card from various devices like phone, camera, and computer effortlessly. Do let us your thought in the comment section below and do not forget to share the word if you found this article helpful.
Molly is the Lead Technical Specialist with distinguished knowledge and understanding of Mac computers and operating systems. Being a veteran photographer and video recovery specialist, Molly’s expertise on video formats and file repair has helped restore a lot of videos and cherished memories of users.
As a technical specialist she also believes in learning and spreading knowledge about the current and trending aspects of various media formats, Adobe Photoshop and macOS troubleshooting. A full-fledged learner, caffeine-lover and a firm-believer that technology would make the world a better place.