User query - I have been using Windows 10 OS on my PC. However, recently I upgraded my Windows 10 to 11. Before going for the upgrade, I backed up my important files. After reinstallation finishes, I opened my backup folder to restore my picture folder. I didn’t find My Picture folder? I don’t know what is happening. Can anyone help me to restore my pictures folder in Windows 10/11? Thanks in advance.
If you have come across a scenario like above or if you are unable to find your default picture folder location on your Windows 10/11, this article is for you.
Usually after upgrading the Windows or reinstallation of the operating system, you may commonly encounter such a problem. However, we have effective solutions on how to restore the default picture folder and also how to change the location of the 'My Picture Folder'.
The article is segregated into two sequences on how to change and restore the default picture folder on Windows 10/11. You will learn the effective solutions in the below section
Change or Restore Default Location of Picture Folders on Windows 10/11
The article is listed into two sequences based on your preferences listed below.
- How to Change default Pictures Folder Windows 10/11
- Restore default Pictures folder Windows 10/11
Why to Change or Restore Default location of Picture folders on Windows
- Due to insufficient storage space
- The file path of picture folder has been altered during the upgradation from Windows 10 to 11
- Virus intrusion and malware usually makes your ‘My picture Folder’ corrupt and inaccessible
- You wish to change the default location of the Picture folder due to personal reasons and preferences
For the above-listed or any specific reasons if you want to restore or change the location.
How to Change default Pictures Folder Windows 10/11
To change the default pictures folder on Windows 10/11. Follow the given steps in the below section
- Launch Run command using Windows + R keys
- In the run box enter the following command shell:UsersFilesFolder
- After that, please select a folder by clicking on it to move to a new location. For example, you can move to a desired new path.
- Once you have implemented the above-listed method, right-click the pathway folder in which you to choose to move My Pictures Folder
- Then, click on Properties option
- In properties, choose the Location tab and click Move option
- When File Explorer opens, select the destination folder and then click the Select Folder button.
- Click on Apply to complete the process
How to Restore default Missing Pictures folder location on Windows 10/11
- First, launch the Run command box using Windows + R keys.
- Type shell:UsersFilesFolder and hit Enter from the keyboard to view all personal folders items
- Once you have hit enter, please select a folder by clicking on it to restore it to its original location.
- Right Click on Properties Option
- Next, on the Properties window, select the Location tab and then click the Restore Default button.
- Click on Apply button to complete the procedure
The above solutions will help you in moving and restoring the picture folder according to your preferences. If you are still unable to access your data on the ‘My Picture Folder’ you will need to recover them. Data loss has been an unpredictable and inevitable scenario.
If you encounter an unforeseen data loss and are wondering how to access your “My Picture Folder” you will need a reliable data recovery utility like Remo Recover.
Remo Recover Software is built with an advanced data recovery algorithm that can recognize almost any file type and recover it in no time. The tool can help you recover files like photos, videos, documents, etc. from any version of Windows operating system. Download now and recover your missing picture folder with ease.
The article summarizes how to move or change default location and restore the picture folder on Windows. Fortunately, if you have encountered a data loss scenario you can always make use of Remo Recover to effortlessly restore your files, pictures and videos. If you have any further queries regarding the article, make use of comment section below