For Outlook users, sending and receiving Outlook emails to their clients or team is certainly an important part of their daily tasks. No matter how important are Outlook emails to you, accidentally deleting them from your Inbox or Sent folder can be annoying.
If you have deleted Outlook emails then, don’t worry! In this article, find out the complete guide on how to recover accidentally deleted emails from Deleted folder or Outlook Trash folder depending on the type of Outlook version. Also, learn how to recover permanently deleted emails from Microsoft Outlook using Remo Repair Outlook software.
How to Recover Deleted Outlook Emails?
Find out 2 different reliable methods to recover deleted Outlook emails using
- Manual Methods
- Automated Method
Method 1: Recover deleted Outlook emails manually for all versions(Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003)
When you delete an email from a Microsoft Outlook account then, the deleted email will be moved to Deleted Item or Trash folder based on the Outlook version.
Utilize the below method to recover deleted Outlook emails based on your Outlook version
Steps to Recover Deleted Outlook Emails
||Open Outlook and Select Trash folder
||Open Outlook and select Deleted Items
||Open the mailbox and click Deleted Items
||Launch Outlook and select Deleted Items
||Start Outlook and select the folder from where you deleted Outlook email
||Run Outlook program and open Deleted Items folder
||Locate and Right-click on the deleted emails which you want to recover and click the Move option
||Select Folder from the top menu
||Select the Folder tab at the top, and click the Recover Deleted Items button
||On the top navigation, click the Recover Deleted Items button
||Next, select Tools then, Recover Deleted Items
||In the Tools menu (on top navigation) select the Recover Deleted Items option
||Select the location folder in which you want to restore the deleted emails
||Click Recover Deleted Items
||Now, Select your Outlook emails that are accidentally deleted
||Select the deleted Outlook emails which you want to restore and opt to Recover Selected Items
||All your deleted emails will be displayed
||Locate the deleted emails which you want to restore and click the Recover Selected Items option.
||Now, you can access your deleted emails from the folders where you moved them.
||Select emails that you want to restore and click Recover Selected Items
||Hit Recover Selected Items
||Select the required email message and hit the Recover Selected Items button
After you perform the deleted emails recovery on your respective Outlook version. You can either find deleted Outlook emails on a selected source folder or the original folder, in case the original folder is deleted then, you can find them on your Outlook Inbox.
Note: In some cases, you might not find your deleted outlook emails in the Deleted Item or Trash folder.
Possible Scenarios under which you cannot Locate or Restore Deleted Emails Manually
If you cannot find or locate your deleted Outlook emails in the Deleted Items folder or Trash folder, then this could be due to the following reasons.
- You have permanently deleted an email using Shift + Delete keys
- The deleted Outlook emails are removed from the Deleted Items or Trash folder
- Outlook Trash bin or Deleted Items folder is emptied.
- If you have enabled the option called Empty Deleted Items folders when exiting Outlook, then you cannot find your deleted Outlook emails after exiting from the Microsoft Outlook application.
- Deleted Outlook emails can go missing once the Deleted items folder gets purged after 30 days. So, after this period you can’t retrieve deleted Outlook emails using the Recover Deleted Items option.
If you have deleted OST file, then it can be rebuilt with the help of reliable methods. Similarly, recovering permanently deleted Outlook emails has never been so easier without the help of the below-proven methods.
How to Restore Deleted Outlook Emails not found in Recover Deleted Items folder?
Follow the below simple instructions to recover deleted Outlook emails from Recover Deleted Items From Server if you are not able to locate them in Deleted Items.
Open Outlook > Click on Home menu > select Recover Deleted Items From Server > Select the items that you want to recover, select Restore Selected Items, and then select OK.
- Your account does not support the recovering of Outlook emails or other items that are not present in Deleted Items if the Recover Deleted Items From Server command is not available on the menu bar.
- If your profile has a Trash folder, instead of Deleted Items then, your Outlook account doesn't support recovering permanently deleted Outlook emails.
Method 2: Recover Deleted Outlook Emails using Remo Repair PST software
You need an ideal Outlook email recovery tool to restore permanently deleted or lost emails from Outlook. Remo Repair Outlook (PST) is one such reliable software capable of retrieving deleted Outlook emails including Subject, Cc, Bcc, Attachments, and more.
This software works with advanced algorithms to recover Outlook folders, emails, contacts, reminders, notes, attachments, calendars, etc., from crashed, damaged, and corrupt PST files. Also, this Outlook repair tool ensures the safe repairing of Outlook data file. Try the edition of this Outlook email recovery toolkit and restore deleted Outlook emails in just a few clicks.
3 Easy steps to Recover Permanently Deleted Outlook Emails
Step 1: Close Microsoft Outlook. Launch Remo Repair Outlook (PST) software and select the PST file by clicking a suitable option among,
- Open PST File- If you know the PST file location.
- Find PST File- If the PST file location is not known.
- Select Outlook Profile- If your computer has multiple Outlook profiles.
Step 2: Select Normal Scan and click on the Browse button to save repaired PST file to get back permanently deleted Outlook emails.
Step 3: Click the Repair button. After the tool completes the PST file repair process, you can view the repaired PST file along with recovered Outlook emails.
If you are satisfied with the Outlook email recovery results, save the PST file and configure it with your Outlook account.
Supported Microsoft Outlook Versions: Outlook 2019, 2016, Outlook 2013, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2007, Outlook 2003, and Outlook 2000.
Supported Microsoft Windows OS: Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Server 2003, and Server 2008.
Helpful Actions to Prevent Deletion or Loss of Outlook Emails
- Avoid auto emptying of deleted Outlook Items:
MS Outlook may empty the Deleted Items folder every time you exit the Outlook program. This lessens the Outlook email recovery possibilities. So, disable this option by navigating to File -> Options -> Advanced. Uncheck the “Empty Deleted Items folder when exiting Outlook” checkbox under Outlook start and exit.
- Double-check before you empty the Trash/Deleted Items folder to permanently delete an email from Outlook.
- An updated backup of your PST file might help you in several unforeseen situations like restoring your deleted emails and other data. So, it is highly recommended to have a regular backup of your PST file on a safe storage drive.