GoPro is one of the best action cameras available today. Hobbyists, professional stuntmen, sports enthusiasts, and many more prefer a GoPro over any other action camera. Besides capturing and producing videos, GoPro also provides exceptional media management service through a suite called Quik.
One notable feature of this app is its ability to “Automatically delete files from the camera after importing”. It saves the users precious time in deleting from the SD card after being copied to the computer.
Just a small technical glitch in the app might prevent you from copying your GoPro files onto the computer. If the automatic deletion feature is enabled, the videos will be deleted in the original file location i.e. SD card.
Now that videos are deleted on both the computer and the SD card, you might be left wondering if there was a way to recover them. Although this mishap can be quite rare, it will definitely erase your precious photos and videos.
Learn how to change your settings to avoid this automatic deletion. Also provided is a great hack to recover video files from GoPro with the utmost ease.
Did you know the photos and videos remain on the GoPro SD card even after a deletion? With an effective data recovery solution, you can easily recover data without defiling photos and videos. Bank on a viable tool such as Remo GoPro Recovery tool can assist you in this regard. Integrated with a powerful deep scan engine, the tool reaches out to every sector of the drive to recover the lost photos and videos. Download and try the software for free now.
How to Restore Deleted GoPro Files?
- Recover deleted GoPro photos/videos using CHKDSK
- Restore deleted GoPro files with Remo Recover
With the above-listed approaches, you can definitely recover deleted videos from the SD card of GoPro cameras. The main key to recovery is to refrain from using the GoPro camera or its SD card any further. This will avoid overwriting the existing recoverable data.
Things to avoid before performing deleted GoPro File Recovery
- Stop using your GoPro Device after the deletion, this will decrease the chances of your deleted files being completely recovered
- As you are well aware, all the latest GoPro including GoPro hero 9 do not have internal memory, we recommend you to remove the SD card immediately after you have incurred data loss on GoPro
- Do not format your SD card, the deleted photos and videos still reside on the logical memory on your GoPro device. Do not format the device.
Recover Deleted GoPro Photos with CHKDSK Command
- Connect your GoPro camera SD Card via card reader to your PC
- Hold onto Win + R and type cmd, press enter for windows to open Command Prompt
- Type: chkdsk E: / f and press Enter (Replace E with the drive letter of the SD card from which you lost/ deleted photos or videos)
- Here Type :Y and hit Enter
- Type :E and press Enter again
- Write: E:\>attrib -h -r -s /s /d *.* and press Enter
- A new folder consisting of all recovered photos is created on your SD card. Copy them and save them at a new location.
How To Recover Deleted GoPro Videos?
- Download and Install the Remo Photo Recovery software and connect the SD card from which you want to restore deleted or lost GoPro videos
- Select the SD card from the list of all available drives, and hit the Scan button to start the GoPro video recovery
- After completion of the scanning process, the recovered GoPro videos will be shown on the screen. Also, you can double-click on any recovered video to preview and validate it for free
- Finally, select the GoPro video files you want to save and hit the Recover button
Note - If you wondering how to fix GoPro error code 30, click on the link here to know more.
Why Choose Remo Recover for GoPro File Recovery?
- Recovers deleted photos or videos from any digital camera including GoPro Hero 9, GoPro Hero 8, Hero 7, GoPro Hero 6, GoPro Fusion, GoPro Hero 5, KARMA, and many more.
- You can also make use of the tool to recover photos or videos from Nikon camera, Panasonic, Sony, Canon, and many other camera brands.
- Additionally, if you damage the GoPro videos, Remo has a video repair tool to fix them.
- The tool also helps you recover videos from GoPro SD cards that are formatted, deleted, or even lost during a transfer process.
- The recovered GoPro Videos can be evaluated using the Preview option.
How to Avoid Automatic Deletion of GoPro videos after Import
Automatic deletion of imported GoPro videos and photos might be uncomfortable for most of you. If the files are not transferred properly and at the same time deleted on SD card. You might be in trouble. Hence the best way to overcome this issue is to manually copy the videos and photos from SD card and later format the SD card.
However, to disable the auto-deletion click on camera settings in the Quik app and uncheck the Automatically delete files from camera after importing option. This way you can avoid loss of videos due to various GoPro video errors and problems.
What could be the other reasons for loss of GoPro photos and videos
- Memory card corruption: Due to some physical damage to the memory card while using the camera, there is a lot of chance to lose important videos from GoPro cameras
- Incomplete File transfer: The video files can be lost if there is an interruption during the file transfer from the camera SD card to the computer. Hence, you should make sure there is a proper connection maintained during the file transfer.
- Virus Infection: If the computer is not protected with antivirus the videos will be deleted from the SD card when it is connected to the affected computer.
- Accidental Deletion: To accommodate more videos on the drive, the user might have deleted a few unimportant videos. During such incidents, the user might have deleted other important information unknowingly. Which leads to the loss of GoPro videos.
The videos shot on GoPro camera can be deleted at any time for many reasons. The GoPro videos can also be corrupted at times. There are also easy ways to repair GoPro videos. However, it might take extra time. To avoid such scenarios, it is advised to make a backup up copy of these on the computer or any other storage device. If you don't have a backup and if the videos are permanently deleted, download and use the Remo video recovery software to quickly recover deleted GoPro videos