Microsoft rolled out the latest version of the Windows update KB4532695. This update was rolled out to fix issues caused after the Windows 1903 update. Some of the bugs that were fixed include issues with File Explorer, Hello face authentication, errors when USB type C hub flash drive is unplugged and few others. Although the update tried to address the problem baggage from the previous update, it has caused few problems of its own. The users have reported problems right after the update was installed.
Issues that were reported after installing KB4532695 update
Amongst the various issues that were fixed, the KB4532695 majorly focused on fixing bugs related to the File Explorer. This update did help the users fix the issue from the previous update. However, few unlucky users have faced problems after installing the update. Here are a few issues that were reported
- Slowing down of the computer
- Computer taking longer than usual to boot Windows
- BSOD (Blue Screen of Death)
- Problems with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
- Unable to install Windows updates
The January update is optional, which means the updates have to be installed manually. If you have not installed the update yet, kindly refrain from installing until Microsoft has resolved the issue. However, if you have already installed the updates here is what you can do
Uninstall the updates
One simple way to counter the problematic update is to uninstall it. Here is what you can do to uninstall the problematic update.
- Go to Window settings and click on Update & Security
- Click on View update history option
- Now, select the Uninstall option
This will ensure that the computer will start performing normally by uninstalling the problematic updates.
Reinstall Windows with the help of installation media
There are times when you are stuck at a blue screen of death and not able to install Windows. In such cases, it is difficult for you to log in to the computer and troubleshoots the issues. The only other way to overcome this problem is by reinstalling Windows with the help of a Windows installation file. Here is what you can do to reinstall Windows
- Firstly, it is recommended to take a backup of all the data from the hard drive
- To do so, connect the hard drive to another computer as a secondary drive and copy the files to an external storage drive.
- After backing up data, reconnect the hard drive to the main computer
- Copy the Windows installation media to a pen drive and connect it to a computer
- Restart the computer, depending on the computer you use, press the function key as the system starts
- Click on Install to start the installation process
- After the installation, copy all your data from the backup to the computer
Windows reinstallation or BSOD, be cautious of your data:
Amongst the various issues, the majority of the users have reported that they have been stuck as Blue Screen of Death. This BSOD usually occurs when the operating system is not compatible with the drivers of the computer. In such cases, you will not be able to log in and access the data from the computer resulting in a system crash.
Secondly reinstalling the Windows might enable you to rest the computer, but there is no guarantee that the data in the computer exists as you might accidentally format the wrong partition. Using a data recovery software is the only way to access the data after formatting the computer or the drive.
Sometimes it is harder for you to retrieve the data from the drive even as you connect the drive to a different computer. This is because there are chances that the hard drive might be corrupted due to the previously mentioned driver problems. In such cases, you would have to use a professional data recovery software to get back the data from your computer
Windows KB4532695 update has posed a few issues after the installation as mentioned above. If you have been in such a situation, going back to the previous update or reinstalling the Windows will help you fix the issue. In case, you have not yet installed the update or unable to install them, do wait until Microsoft provides a hotfix to solve the problem.