Anti-virus without a doubt is an essential necessity in your system for various issues like evading virus intrusion, cyber security or even verifying the security of your online downloads. However, in certain unforeseen cases, your antivirus might mark your valuable files as a threat to your operating system and delete them.
If you are one such user who has faced the above-mentioned scenario, this article is for you. In this guide, you will learn hassle-free and effective solutions on how to recover deleted files by Avast antivirus. Before moving ahead, let us understand more about Avast antivirus.
What is Avast Antivirus
Avast Antivirus is a well-known internet and cyber security application developed by Avast Software. The tool provides protection against any sort of virus entities or cyber threats from the internet platform. Avast users can be segregated into two ways, Users who purchase Avast antivirus and users who have inbuilt Avast antivirus by their respective OS.
Why Avast antivirus is preferred over Microsoft Windows Defender?
Though Microsoft Windows Defender does a fair job, certain users prefer Avast over it due to its limitation. Such as;
- Low Detection of Spyware or Malware online
- Manual Upgradation process
- Unavailability of unified alerts
- Slow scanning process
Comparatively, Avast holds the upper hand in the above-mentioned criteria.
Does Avast automatically Delete Infected files?
When the antivirus encounters a potential virus malware file, it automatically puts it in the so-called Virus Chest, which stops the virus intrusion. In some cases, Avast deletes files without asking permission.
With Avast’s false-positive rate being quite low, it’s not unheard of the tool to make mistakes sometimes and move legitimate files to Virus Chest. In such cases, you can bring back the deleted files with Avast Virus Chest.
How to Recover Files Deleted By Avast Antivirus
- Recover Files Deleted by Avast antivirus using Virus Chest
- Restore the Avast Deleted files using a Data Recovery utility
Restore Avast-Deleted Files from Virus Chest
- Right-click the Avast icon
- Click on the Virus Chest.
- Click the three horizontal dots next to the file you want to undelete.
- Select either Restore or Restore and Add Exception. By choosing the former option, you stop Avast from deleting the file again.
- Scan the recovered file using at least one more anti-malware solution.
If If the above-mentioned method has not worked well for you to recover files deleted by virus or antivirus software, then you will need a reliable data recovery tool like Remo Recover to restore all your lost or deleted files.
Recover Deleted Avast files using Remo Recover
Remo Recover Software is built with an advanced data recovery algorithm that can recognize almost any file type and recover it in no time. With an option to specify the file format you are looking to recover, there is no way you are going to miss out on recovering your deleted or lost files. The tool can help you recover files like photos, videos, documents, etc.
- Launch the tool, you will have three options- Recover Files, Recover Photos and Recover Partitions.
- Click on Recover Partitions and select the drive from which you want to recover data.
- Now, click on Scan. Once the scanning gets completed, recovered data will be displayed in Data View and File Type View
- Select the files which you want to recover and click the Save button.
How to Stop Avast deleting files Without Asking
Avast might delete all your important files without your consent considering the source file to be intruded on by a virus or malware. Hence it is always safe to stop Avast from deleting your valuable files without asking.
- Launch Avast and go to Settings.
- Navigate to Protection > Virus Scans.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom and click View exceptions
- Click on Add Exception.
- Add the file path, folder path, or website domain to exclude and click Add Exception again.
The article summarizes how to recover files deleted by Avast antivirus. In this article we have given you 2 effective methods to recover the deleted files by the antivirus. If the Avast Chest file recovery does not work well for you, then Remo Recover can effortlessly resolve your recovery concerns. If you have further queries regarding the article, make use of comment section below