A dashboard camera or a Dashcam records videos from the vehicle's dashboard point of view, which is a big safety feature that can be used as first-hand evidence during accidental scenarios, vehicle insurance claims, theft, or damage.
Dashcam videos also act to be a vehicle driving support in tight parking and in preventing events that could lead to road rage making its presence vital in a vehicle.
Why does Dashcam show an SD card full error?
If you're wondering why your Dashcam's SD card is full, there could be multiple reasons. Read on for some common causes.
1. Unsupportive SD Card and storage insufficiency: Check the Dashcam's requirements and specifications before purchasing an SD card. We recommend you buy an SD card that meets the dedicated read/write speed required for your Dashcam.
Additionally, ensure that the SD card meets your storage requirements. You can get a minimum of 32GB card, and in case of high storage needs, you can choose a card up to 128 GB.
2. High loop recording time: Most Dashcams come with the loop recording feature that automatically replaces older videos with new ones when the SD card is full, allowing uninterrupted recording. However, it's important not to delete any footage from the card and keep the loop recording on.
Additionally, you can reduce the video length to optimize the Dashcam's functionality. If it's set to 5-3 minutes, consider cutting it down to 3-1 minute.
3. Increased G-sensor sensitivity: The G-sensor sensitivity in your Dashcam generates video files that cannot be overwritten by looping because G sensors sense sudden changes in the vehicle's motion, such as a sudden stop or impact. This triggers the Dashcam to save the current recording as an emergency file. So that they are easily accessible to the users.
There is no perfect metric to this, but if it is at 8G, do bring it down to 6G or 5G. Still, a critical safety feature. Do think twice before making any changes.
4. Corruption due to overuse: SD cards in Dashcams are continually recording and looping, making them susceptible to environmental and device factors such as temperature and humidity. Therefore, it's recommended to format the SD card periodically to prevent data corruption.
Formatting the SD card in the Dashcam can help maintain its performance and ensure optimal functionality.
The data stored on an SD card in a Dashcam is incredibly important because it provides concrete evidence to help prove your point or explain an unfortunate event. This is why most drivers choose to pre-install a Dashcam as a key safety feature in their vehicle and keep all the videos safe and accessible, if the SD card gets corrupted and you would like to recover videos from it, you will need the very best SD card recovery software such as Remo Recover.
Recovering Videos From Dashcam SD Card using Remo Recover
Remo Recover is one of the best data recovery software available today. The software is rigorously tested and built to recover data from simple deletion to severe loss cases like virus attacks and corruptions, it is compatible with all the SD card file systems like exFAT, FAT32, and NTFS.
With its simple and easy-to-understand interface, the software is extremely handy and makes recovering data from an SD card a hassle-free process, particularly in terms of data recovery time and untampered quality so that you can relive your best scenic journey again.
The software can recover commonly found Dashcam-recorded video formats such as AVI, MP4, MOV, MPEG, and WMV.
Available for both Windows and Mac
Steps To Recover Data From Dashcam SD Card
Step 1: Download and install Remo Recover software on your computer and insert your SD Card
Step 2: Launch the tool, Select the Micro SD card from which you want to recover Dashcam videos, and Click Scan to begin the recovery process.
Note: If the SD card is not detected on the main screen, then click on Can’t find the drive? You’ll be able to locate it.
Step 3: You can click on Dynamic Recovery View to see the videos and photos that are getting recovered during the scanning process.
Step 4: After the completion of the Deep Scan, you can find all the recovered files under the Lost and Found Files section. Double-click on any video to preview it for free. Once satisfied with the Dascam video recovery results, you can click on the Recover button to save your videos on your computer or laptop.
NOTE: SD cards in Dashcams are programmed to be rewritten repeatedly requiring a card with an adequate amount of Class 10 Write speed. Make sure you avoid rewriting an SD card to successfully perform the recovery process.
How to Choose SD cards for Dashcams for an error-free experience?
Selecting a good SD card can prevent some troublesome situations in a Dashcam experience. Here are a few cards that have been listed, considering the brand value and adequate performance requirements. There could be many other SD cards in 2023 that provide the same or better performance. Choose an SD card wisely so that you do not have to face the "SD Card Full" error again.
- Sandisk High Endurance Video Micro SDXC: This SD card is ideal for Dashcams and home monitoring systems and is capable of reading and writing speeds up to 100 Mbps and 40 Mbps and supports 4k video recording
- Transcend High Endurance Micro SDXC: Best suited for Dashcams and security cameras with 95 Mbps read and 50 Mbps Write supporting 24,000 hours of full HD recording(1920x1080)
- Lexar Micro SDXC: Highly compatible with all kinds of digital devices like smartphones, tablets, and other devices providing full HD,4K recording support, and read and write speeds up to 100Mbps
- Micro Center Premium Micro SDXC: Perfectly suited for all digital devices from smartphones to drones works at 90Mbps read speed and 60Mbps write speed with 4k UHD and FHD support
Note: Check this article if you are a novice user and want to learn about SD card read and write speed
Dashcams have become a vital part of vehicle safety and great driving support and first-hand evidence in accidents, and insurance claims. If you encounter a Dashcam error, then you can easily fix it using the proven ways we have provided in this article.
Take a moment to drop a comment if you have any queries related to it.