Apple’s iTunes allows iOS device users to sync with Mac and Windows system to create an iTunes backup file. This iTunes backup file can be utilized to recover deleted videos, photos, messages, and other documents from iOS devices like iPhone, iPad, iPod.
However, the iTunes backup file acts as a fail-safe file when you lose, format, or delete data from your iOS devices. The content in the iTunes backup file is stored in a unique format that is only readable by the iOS core kernels. Any alterations to the iTunes file can cause severe damage to your data saved in it.
Losing your iTunes backup file would mean losing access to your old contacts, songs, or videos. All it takes is just a few clicks to recover iTunes backup. Built with an advanced scan engine, Remo iTunes backup recovery software can locate and completely restore your iTunes backup with full integrity. Download the software now!!
Can you recover deleted iTunes backup?
Yes, you can recover deleted iTunes backup file easily. After losing or deleting the iTunes backup file, the foremost thing to do is to stop using your system (Mac or Windows) in which you lost your iTunes backup file.
If you have deleted iTunes backup file mistakenly or deleted to save hard drive space or lost after reinstalling the operating system, use the following methods to recover iTunes backup file using Remo iTunes backup file recovery software.
Remo Recover is a powerful file recovery tool to perform iTunes backup recovery process. This tool is specially designed to recover deleted iTunes backup file from Windows or Mac operating systems including Windows 10 and it's previous versions and macOS Catalina, Mojave, High Sierra, etc. Remo iTunes backup file recovery software is specialized in retrieving more than 300 file types.
Using this Remo iTunes backup recovery tool, you can also recover deleted photos, videos, text document files, etc. not only from your computer's internal hard drive but also from pen drive, external hard drive, SSD, memory card and many more.
However, if you are specifically looking on how to recover deleted videos on Mac click here.
Remo iTunes backup recovery software thoroughly scans the entire storage drive to recover your lost or deleted iTunes backup file in a few simple steps.
Steps to Recover iTunes Backup file
- Download and Install Remo Recover software (Windows or Mac)
- Now, run this iTunes Backup File recovery software, and select Recover Files option from the main screen if you have deleted or lost iTunes backup file.
(Note: Select Recover Partitions option on the main screen if you have formatted or reinstalled O.S.)
- Then select, C drive which is the most common drive where your iTunes backup file get saved and click Scan.
- After the scanning process completes, all recovered files will be displayed on the screen in Data View and File Type View method.
- Select and restore MDBACKUP file type, which is your iTunes backup file, and saves it on your selected location.
Under Users folder, Backups are saved by iTunes to a backup folder. The backup folder’s location depends on the operating system you use. Despite the fact that you can create a copy of the Backup folder, you mustn’t move it to a new location. Or else, the file won't work to recover data from a relocated backup file.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to locate iTunes backup file on your macOS.
Find a list of your backups:
- Select the search option in the menu bar.
- Paste: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/ in the search option.
- Press Return.
Locate a specific backup:
- Open iTunes
- In the menu bar, click iTunes and select Preferences
- Under Devices Preferences, click Devices option
- From the list of Device backups, Control-click the backup that you want to locate
- Then select Show in Finder option
Follow the below-mentioned steps to locate iTunes backup file in Windows 7, 8, or 10
Find a list of your backups
- Go to C drive
Locate iTunes backup file in Windows XP
- Select C drive
- \Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Apple computer\MobileSync\Backup.
You can also use these steps to locate iTunes backup:
- Find the Search bar:
|In Windows 7||Click Start|
|In Windows 8||Click the magnifying glass in the upper-right corner
|In Windows 10||Click the Search bar next to the Start button|
- In the Search bar, enter %appdata% or %USERPROFILE% (if you downloaded iTunes from the Microsoft Store)
- Press Return
- Double-click these folders: "Apple" or "Apple Computer" > MobileSync > Backup
Remo iTunes backup recovery software does not only recover deleted iTunes backup file but can also recover deleted photos, videos, documents from storage devices like SD card, Pen drive, External hard drive, etc.
This deleted iTunes backup file recovery tool has an advanced feature called Save Recovery Session feature which helps you save your iTunes backup recovery data scanning and can let you resume your scanning session once you open recovery session at any point in time without rescanning from the start.
Note: Remember any edit, relocate, rename, or extract content from iTunes backup file, might destroy the file.
Molly is the Lead Technical Specialist with distinguished knowledge and understanding of Mac computers and operating systems. Being a veteran photographer and video recovery specialist, Molly’s expertise on video formats and file repair has helped restore a lot of videos and cherished memories of users.
As a technical specialist she also believes in learning and spreading knowledge about the current and trending aspects of various media formats, Adobe Photoshop and macOS troubleshooting. A full-fledged learner, caffeine-lover and a firm-believer that technology would make the world a better place.