This article highlights the 5 most common memory card errors with high rated methods to fix them for free. And also find the causes resulting in different types of memory card or SD card errors and corruption.
Memory cards come in various form factors based on their functionality. Such memory card divisions are SD card, Memory Stick, Micro SD card, XD card, CF card, SDHC card, SDXC card, etc. Any external device like a memory card or SD card is vulnerable to corruption in various scenarios. This article gives you a precise understanding of different types of memory card errors and how to fix them with ease.
Find The List of Memory Card or SD Card Errors:
Note: It is always recommended to first recover data from memory card and then implement the following proven methods to fix memory card or micro SD card errors for free.
Remo Photo Recovery software has a user-friendly interface to recover photos, raw-images, videos, audio, etc. in a few clicks. No matter the severity of memory card or SD card corruption, its Deep Scan option scans the entire memory card sector by sector to recover lost, inaccessible and deleted files instantly. Download now!!!
Figure out different Memory Card Errors And Also High Rated Methods to Fix Them For Free:
When a memory card is unrecognized, it doesn’t allow your memory card to get detected on the computer system, mobile phone or even on a camera. During this error, if you try connecting your memory card multiple times to your system it doesn’t get identified. This error might occur due to the incompatible memory card file system. Generally, a file system is responsible for managing the data saved on your memory card.
Reasons for the unreadable SD card error:
- File system damage or corruption.
- Damaged SD card or memory card.
- Severe virus infection.
How to fix unreadable SD or Memory card error:
Before you fix memory card unrecognized error using the below methods, it is always recommended to recover data first to avoid permanent loss of pre-existing data.
Utilize Remo Photo Recovery Software which is a specially designed tool to recover files from unreadable SD card error. This tool has a Deep Scan feature that easily reads and recovers data from an unreadable SD card or memory card in a few clicks. Perform the methods given below to successfully repair unreadable SD card for free.
Fix Unreadable Memory Card Error #1: Format SD card using Disk Management Tool
- Type Control Panel on your Windows search.
- Select Administrative Tools.
- Now click Computer Management.
- Then, click Disk Management.
- Then Right-click your unrecognized SD card.
- Now select Format to perform formatting.
Fix Unreadable Memory Card Error #2: Update device drivers to fix an unreadable SD card
Connect unreadable SD card to your computer > Right-click on My Computer or This PC > Manage > Device manager > Right-click on unreadable SD card > Update driver > Choose Search automatically for updated driver software > Restart computer to fix Unreadable memory card issue.
Note: You can also use cmd built-in function to fix memory card unreadable error which is given in the below section.
When you try to open your micro SD card, it pops up an error message saying “The disk is not formatted, do you want to format it now?”. Such a memory card error is related to an SD card formatting issue. Sometimes, you may even get an error message saying operation failure if you try to format your micro SD card.
Reasons for memory card not formatted error are as follows:
- Severe virus infection to the SD card
- Improper method of formatting
- Frequent reformatting
- Using SD card in virus-infected devices
How to fix Memory card not formatted error:
Before you fix memory card not formatted error, it is suggested to maintain a backup to avoid a data loss situation. However, if you have lost data without maintaining a backup, then utilize Remo Photo recovery tool to recover files from memory card not formatted error in simple steps.
Fix Micro SD Card not Formatted Error: Reinstall SD Card Drivers
- Connect the SD card to your computer system.
- Type Device Manager on the Windows Start menu.
- Open Device Manager and click Disk drives.
- Right-click on your SD card to select the Uninstall driver option.
- Now, remove the SD card to Insert it again.
Inaccessible memory card error doesn’t allow you to access files on a memory card or SD card. This error also refuses to save the new files on the SD card. In simple, this memory card error not only makes the files inaccessible but also makes the SD card corrupt.
Reasons for inaccessible SD card error are as follows:
- Severe virus infection either to the memory card or to the connected device can cause an inaccessible memory card error.
- File System Corruption.
- If the Memory card file system is not compatible with the connected device, then it causes the SD card data to become inaccessible.
- A logical bad sector is one of the major causes of an inaccessible SD card. Bad sectors are formed due to various reasons like power failure, power surge issue during the read and write cycle, virus attack, etc.
How to Fix Inaccessible SD card Error:
Inaccessible SD card error can be easily resolved with the help of a cmd built-in function. Although this command prompt function makes SD card files accessible but it cannot be used to recover lost or deleted files from SD card. In such cases, utilize Remo Photo Recovery tool which has a user-friendly interface to recover inaccessible SD card data in a quick time.
Note: Try clearing cached data, which are junk files saved on the micro SD card to make your SD card accessible.
Fix Inaccessible SD card Error: Use Chkdsk build-in function
Follow the given steps to get access to your memory card or SD card files like photos, videos, audio, text documents, etc.
- Connect the inaccessible SD card to your computer and type cmd at the windows start menu.
- Open Command Prompt with administrative permission.
- Type Chkdsk f: /r
Note: Replace F with your inaccessible memory card letter.
- And press Enter.
- Wait till the operation ends to fix inaccessible memory card error.
Memory card not reading on phone or computer is an error that makes memory files such as photos or videos inaccessible on computer and phone. However, memory card files can be accessed on a digital camera.
Reasons for SD card not reading on Windows 10 are as follows:
- Sometimes memory card hides files such as photos, videos, etc. to be displayed on a computer or mobile phone.
- Memory card not showing pictures on computer or phone can be due to faulty card reader,
How to Fix SD Card not Reading on Phone or PC Error:
Before you fix memory card error it is suggested to recover memory card data not showing on computer or mobile phone. Use Remo Photo Recovery software which is specialized in recovering more than 300 missing file types from corrupted and inaccessible SD card or memory card.
Fix SD Card not Reading on Phone or PC Error #1: Enable Hidden files in your memory card
Follow the steps to enable SD card hidden files to fix SD card error:
- Type Control Panel on your Windows Start menu to open it.
- Select Category option.
- Then, Click Appearance and Personalization.
- Under File Explorer Options, click Show hidden files and folders.
- Now, select Show hidden files, folders and drives and click Apply.
- Finally, your computer now can show photos, videos and other media files saved on the SD card.
Fix SD Card not Reading on Phone or PC Error #2: Replace your faulty card reader
If you are unable to fix memory card error even after enabling hidden files then try replacing your card reader. Sometimes a faulty card reader can cause memory cards to be unreadable on PC or Mobile Phone.
SD card Blank error is one of the common memory card errors, which creates a data loss situation. This error hides all the photos, videos, and other media files saved on the micro SD card.
There are a number of scenarios that can leave an SD card blank without any indication. Generally, a blank SD card error seeks permission to format the micro SD card. Thus, resulting in a data loss situation.
Reasons for SD card blank error are as follows:
- Improper ejection of memory card.
- Severe virus infection to the SD card.
- Incompatible memory card file system.
- Memory card corruption or damage.
How to Fix SD Card Blank Error:
To avoid data loss situations, it is recommended to recover data from blank SD card first and then repair it using the given successful methods. Use Remo Photo Recovery tool that can easily scan the entire blank SD card to restore missing files like raw-images, photos, videos, audio, text files, etc. with ease.
Fix Blank SD card Error: Restart your device.
Restarting your mobile phone can make your SD files readable.
Note: If you are unable to fix the blank Sd card issue even after restarting your device. Then, make use of the Chkdsk function which is mentioned earlier in the article.
This article has given detailed information about 5 different memory card or SD errors with various high rated methods to fix them for free. Refer to this article to fix memory card errors mentioned above. Before this, make sure to maintain a backup or else you can make use of Remo Photo Recovery tool to recover lost or deleted data from memory card. You can also comment if you are facing any new memory card or SD card error.