Outlook Send/Receive error is one of the most common and well-known Outlook errors across its user community. There are many reasons why you might encounter this send/receive error but the end result is you cannot send or receive an email. This can harm your work efficiency. But do you know Outlook error code 0x80040610 obstructing sending and receiving of emails can be fixed easily? Yes, this article is compiled with 6 simple methods that can help you fix Outlook send receive error easily.
Common Reasons for Outlook Send/Receive error
- Poor internet connection is one of the main reasons for Send or Receive error. Make sure bad internet connectivity is not causing this issue.
- Incorrect email account settings can avoid receiving or sending an email.
- Third-party add-ins or anti-virus software prevents you to receive an Outlook email.
- The Outlook data file is corrupt. This makes all your Outlook items including emails, contacts, notes, etc., inaccessible.
Methods to Fix Outlook Send Receive Error
Here are the 6 most reliable and safest methods to fix your Outlook send and receive error with ease.
1. Disable Windows Firewall and Antivirus Program
Windows Firewall and any other third-party antivirus program can affect the sending and receiving of emails on Outlook. This can result in Outlook send receive error. Hence to fix this error 0x80040610, consider disabling Firewall and Antivirus program.
- Open Control Panel and click on Network Connections
- Right-click on the network connection you are connected to and click on Properties
- Under the Security tab, turn off Firewall.
Once the problem is fixed and the inbox is updated, enable the Windows Firewall.
2. Check for Suspicious Emails
The Outlook send receive error can also occur due to some suspicious mails that dropped into your inbox. So clearing those suspicious spam emails can help you fix Outlook send receive error that stops you from sending or receiving emails.
If this doesn’t stop your Outlook from throwing the Send/Receive error 0x80040610, try the next method.
3. Correct the Outlook Email Settings
If the above methods didn’t fix Outlook send receive error, then you should verify your Outlook email settings. Improperly configured Outlook email settings can make your Outlook throw this error 0x80040610.
- Open Outlook and Click on File
- Click on Account Settings -> Account Settings
- Under the Account Settings window, click on Change
- Now, click on More Settings and select Outgoing Server
- Click the checkbox next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
- Also, select the checkbox next to Log on to incoming server before sending mail.
Restart Outlook and see if you are able to send emails. If you are still facing Outlook Send Receive error, then move on to the next method.
4. Clear Outbox and Change Server Time-out
The server time-out duration is 1 min by default in Outlook. When you try to send emails with attachments of large size, the default server timeout will be insufficient. This leaves your emails stuck in the outbox. Hence clearing outbox and increasing the Server timeout duration can help to fix Outlook send receive error.
To change Outlook server timeout, follow the steps below:
- Start Outlook and click on File
- Follow this path: Account Settings -> Account Settings -> Change -> More Settings -> Advanced
- Under Advanced, increase the Server Timeouts slider based on your need.
This will allow Outlook to send or receive emails of large size. If you are still facing the Outlook Send Receive error, then try starting Outlook in safe mode. If you have trouble starting MS outlook, check this article to know how to fix cannot start Microsoft Outlook error.
5. Run Outlook in Safe Mode
Outlook Send/Receive error occurs with different error codes. And running Outlook in Safe mode can easily fix most of them including 0x80040610.
Many a time incompatible add-ins stop your Outlook to send or receive any email. Therefore, you should try sending emails after launching Outlook in safe mode.
To launch Outlook in safe mode just type Outlook.exe /safe in the search box and press Enter.
If this doesn’t fix Outlook send receive error, then it can be a corrupt or damaged PST file causing this error.
Note: Check out this article if you want to know how to repair OST file using 3 different methods.
6. Repair PST file to Fix Outlook Send Receive Error
Now that you have tried all the above-mentioned methods to solve Outlook send receive error, it's time to repair the corrupt PST file. You can repair corrupt PST file using the built-in inbox repair tool.
Manually repairing the PST file using ScanPST.exe comes with its own disadvantages since the inbox repair tool directly works on the original PST file. And the chances of losing your Outlook data while repairing the PST file manually are high. Hence it is recommended to make use of a trusted tool like Remo PST Repair software that can repair your corrupt PST file to fix Outlook Send Receive error.
Remo Repair PST is your best bet at repairing corrupt or damaged PST file. The tool is designed with powerful PST file repairing algorithms that work on a copy of the original PST file, prioritizing the safety of Outlook data. The easy-to-use interface of the software makes the repair process a walk in the park even for a novice user.
Launch the Remo Repair PST tool > Select Open Default PST File > Select Smart Scan option and click on the Browse button to provide the destination path to save the repaired PST file > Finally, click Repair button.
Benefits of using Remo Repair PST
- Ensures quick repair of PST file with all Outlook items intact.
- Designed to easily repair even password-protected or compressed PST files.
- Tailor-made to fix CRC errors in PST files along with Outlook error codes 0x80040610, 0x800ccc0e, 0x80040600 etc.
- Facilitates a preview of repaired Outlook data in Outlook-style browser.
- Supports all versions of Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019.
- Available across all versions of Windows operating systems including the latest Windows 10.
The Outlook send receive error can be easily fixed using the above-mentioned methods. It is not too often that a PST corruption leads to the Outlook error 0x80040610. However, if you fail to fix the issue with the manual methods, it is recommended to make use of Remo Repair PST. Do let us know in the comments section below if you were successful in fixing the Outlook send receive error.