Outlook send receive error is one of the most common and well known across its user community. Did you know that the Outlook error code 0x80040610, obstructing sending and receiving mails can be fixed easily? Yes, this article is compiled with 6 simple methods that you can implement to fix Outlook send receive error easily.
6 ways to fix Outlook Send Receive Error:
Method 1: Disable Windows Firewall and Antivirus Program
Windows Firewall and any third party Antivirus program can affect the sending and receiving of emails on Outlook. This can result in Outlook send receive error. Hence to fix this error 0x80040610, consider disabling Firewall and Antivirus program.
- Open Control Panel and click on network connections
- Right-click on the network connection you are connected and click on Properties
- Under Security tab turn off Firewall.
Once the problem is fixed and inbox is updated, enable the Windows Firewall.
Method 2: Check for Suspicious Emails
The Outlook send receive error can also occur due to some suspicious mails that dropped into your inbox. So clearing those suspicious spam emails can help you fix Outlook send receive error that obstructs you from sending or receiving emails.
If this doesn’t stop your Outlook from throwing the send receive error 0x80040610, try the next method.
Method 3: Correct the Outlook Email Settings
If the above mentioned methods didn’t fix Outlook send receive error, then you should verify your Outlook email settings. Improperly configured Outlook email settings can make your Outlook throw this error 0x80040610.
- Open Outlook and Click on File
- Click on Account Settings -> Account Settings
- Under Account Settings window click on Change
- Now click on More Settings and select Outgoing Server
- Click the checkbox next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication
- Also select the checkbox next to Log onto incoming server before sending mail.
Restart Outlook and see if you are able to send mails. If you are still facing Outlook error send receive error, then move on to next method.
Method 4: Clear Outbox and Change Server Time-out
The server time-out duration is 1 min by default in Outlook. When you try to send mails with attachments of large size, the default server timeout will be insufficient which leaves your mails stuck in outbox. Hence clearing outbox and increasing the Server timeout duration can will help to fix Outlook send receive error.
To change Outlook server timeout, follow the steps below:
- Start Outlook and click on File
- Follow this path: File -> Account Settings -> Account Settings -> Change -> More Settings -> Advanced
- Under Advanced you can increase the Server timeout.
This will allow Outlook to send or receive emails. If you are still facing the Outlook send receive error, then try starting Outlook in safe mode.
Method 5: Run Outlook in Safe Mode
Running Outlook in Safe mode is the next method to fix Outlook error 0x80040610.
To launch Outlook in safe mode just type Outlook.exe /safe in the search box and Enter.
Try sending emails after launching Outlook in safe mode. If this doesn’t fix Outlook send receive error, then it can be a corrupt or damaged PST file causing this error.
Method 6: Repair PST file to Fix Outlook Send Receive Error
Now that you have tried all the above mentioned fixes to solve Outlook send receive error, it’s time to repair corrupt PST file. You can repair corrupt PST file using the built-in inbox repair tool.
However, the process of repairing PST file manually using ScanPST.exe comes with its own disadvantages, as the inbox repair tool directly works on the original PST file the chances of losing your Outlook data is high. Hence it is recommended to make use of a trusted PST repair tool that can repair your corrupt PST file to fix Outlook send receive error.
Remo Repair PST is your best bet at repairing corrupt or damaged PST file. The tool is designed with a powerful scan engine that works on the copy of the original PST file prioritizing the safety of file. The easy to use interface of the software makes the repair process a walk in the park even for a novice user.
Benefits of using Remo Repair PST:
- Ensures quick repair of PST file with all Outlook items intact
- Designed to easily repair even password protected or compressed PST files
- Tailor made to fix CRC errors in PST files along with Outlook error codes 0x80040610, 0x800ccc0e, 0x80040600 etc
- Facilitates a preview of repaired Outlook data in Outlook style browser
- Supports all versions of Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016
- Available across all versions of Windows operating systems.
The Outlook send receive error can be easily fixed using the above mentioned methods. It is not too often that a PST corruption that leads to the Outlook error 0x80040610. However, if you fail to fix the issue with the manual methods, it is recommended to make use of Remo Repair PST. Do let us know in the comments section below if you were successful in fixing the Outlook send receive error.