1) Cannot start Microsoft Outlook Error:
Cannot start Microsoft Outlook is the one of the most common error across the Outlook user community. This error occurs when you try to open Outlook on your computer. Some of the reasons behind this error are as mentioned below:
- Outdated version of Outlook
- Navigation Pane error obstructing Outlook from starting
- Defective add-ins in your Outlook
- Incorrect Outlook profile settings
- Damaged Outlook data file
Any of the above mentioned reasons can be causing this cannot start Microsoft Outlook error. Though the Outlook error may look complex, with few simple steps it can be fixed easily.
The solution to fix this most Outlook error is as mentioned below:
- Reset the Navigation pane settings
- Run Outlook on safe mode and check for the defective add-ins
- Create a new Outlook Profile
- Repair Outlook data file using ScanPST.exe
Any of the above mentioned step can help you in fixing the most common Outlook error cannot start Outlook. To know how to fix this error in detail you can check out our in depth solution to the error Cannot Start Microsoft Outlook.
The above mentioned manual methods can help you fix the Outlook errors, in any other complicated scenarios an effective PST repair tool should come in quite handy .
Remo Repair PST is the most recommended tool designed with an advanced scan engine to easily fix the Outlook error Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Download the trial version now to easily fix all Outlook errors.
2) Outlook Send Receive Error:
Trouble sending emails on your Outlook? One encounters this Outlook error quite frequently due to various scenarios. Usually, both the incoming and outgoing emails would be stopped when you come across this error. Let's have a quick look at some of the reasons behind this Outlook error:
- Antivirus or Windows Firewall stopping you from sending email
- Suspicious emails in mailbox
- Incorrect Outlook email account settings
- Damaged or corrupt Outlook data file
The user receives Microsoft Outlook error messages while they try to send an email. There are various Outlook error codes that get displayed while trying to send/receive emails.
Some of those common error codes when you receive this unknown error are 0x800ccc0e, 0x80040610, 0x8004010f, 0x8004060c, 0x80040600, 0x800ccc1a, 0x800ccc92, 0x8004210a.
Let’s have a look at some of the most tried ways to fix Outlook send or receive error.
- Disabling Antivirus and Windows Firewall
- Check and remove suspicious mails from Outlook inbox
- Correct the Outlook account settings(Outgoing SMTP)
- Clear Outbox and change Server timeout
- Repair PST file using inbox repair tool
These are some of the manual solutions that you can try out yourself to fix this common Outlook error. However you can also check the detailed guide to fix Outlook send receive error.
The above mentioned manual methods can come in handy to fix Outlook send receive error. If in case the above methods fail to fix the Outlook error, you should consider making use of a PST repair tool.
Remo Repair PST is an award winning software that is tailor made to fix Outlook send receive error by repairing the PST file. The easy to use software makes the process of file recovery a walk in the park even for a novice user. The software is completely free to download and try across all platforms of Windows Operating system.
3) Outlook Data File Access Denied:
The Outlook data file access denied error occurrence is commonplace. This Outlook error occurs when you try to open the Outlook data file on a new PC while importing or opening the old outlook data file.
The main reason behind this Outlook error is that you are trying to open the Outlook data file with a local account. The solution to fix this Outlook error are as mentioned below:
- Change Outlook PST file properties
- Open Outlook with administrative privileges
- Change the location of the Outlook data file
- Scan and repair Outlook data file
The any of the above mentioned solution can help you fix the Outlook error. You can also have a detailed walk through to fix Outlook data file access denied.
4) Cannot open Outlook attachments:
Outlook errors are of wide variety just like their features. The error cannot open Outlook attachments is one among those Outlook errors. As the error name suggests user cannot open their Outlook mail attachments. It can be a important word document or an excel sheet, it can really give you a hard time.
Some of the reasons behind this Outlook error as mentioned below:
- Unrecognized file formats
- Suspicious file attachments
- Compressed files
- Corrupted files
- Defective Outlook add-ins
- Corrupt Outlook data file
These are some of the possible reasons for the attachments not opening on your Outlook. Now let's have a look at the solutions to fix this error.
Follow the below mentioned steps to fix this Outlook error:
- Check for defective add-ins
- Disable firewall and antivirus
- Check for suspicious emails and attachments
- Repair Outlook data file with ScanPST.exe
The above mentioned methods should be able to fix the Outlook error. You can also check the detailed explanation on how to fix cannot open Outlook attachments.
If you are looking for a simple and automated process over the above mentioned manual methods, it is better to make use of PST repair tool.
Remo PST repair tool is designed to recover all the Outlook data items like emails, contacts, notes along with its attachments. The simple user interface of the software can recover all your Outlook data in 3 clicks only.
5) CRC Error in Outlook:
Cyclic redundancy check error in Outlook is one of the most common Outlook issue across the user community. The error doesn’t indicate the problem with your Outlook application rather it sheds light on error in the location of hard disk where your PST file is located. However you can’t rule out the chances of your PST file being corrupt.
Follow these steps to fix the CRC easily by yourself:
- Run chkdsk on your hard disk
- Run ScanPST.exe
These two steps should possibly fix the CRC Outlook error and also repair your PST file if it is having any corruption. You can check out the detailed walk through on how to fix CRC error in PST file.
In case you fail to fix the error with above mentioned methods, it is recommended to try a PST repair tool.
Remo Repair PST tool is your best bet to fix the CRC error in Outlook. The advanced algorithm of the software makes a copy of your file and works on it to avoid further corruption to the file. Download the trial version and try it yourself.
6) MAPI Error in Outlook:
Mapi error blocks your computer from sending or receiving any mails from your computer. MAPI known as Messaging Application Programming Interface is responsible for sending and receiving mails from your computer. Hence it acts as a bridge between your computer and mail server.
The main reason behind this error is due to the damage or corruption of the mapi.dll file. The solution to fix this Outlook error related to msmapi.dll file is as mentioned below:
- Check the computers connection with the server
- Rename the old mapi dll file and run the mapi.exe
- Make use of fixmapi.exe to fix any error related to mapi.dll error
- Repair Outlook data file with inbox repair tool
The any of the above mentioned solutions should potentially fix the Outlook error. You can know more about how to fix MAPI error in Outlook. If any of the above mentioned failed to fix the Outlook error, make use of Remo Repair PST.
Remo PST repair tool is tailor made to fix Outlook errors like MAPI error. The tool is designed to easily work on compressed, password protected and even corrupted files. The tool facilitates a free trial to its user to check the success results. Join the more than million user community by downloading now.
Benefits of Remo Repair PST:
- Ensures quick recovery of Outlook items like emails, contacts, notes etc.
- Designed to easily work on all kinds of compressed, password protected PST files
- Quickly repairs corrupt damaged corrupt PST files
- Facilitates a preview of recovered data in Outlook styled browser
- Supports all versions of Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013, Outlook 2016
Tips to avoid Outlook errors:
As they say prevention is better than cure, it is better you avoid Outlook errors in future. Following are some of the tips that can avoid typical Outlook errors:
- Always take a regular backup of the PST file
- Protect your computer against possible virus attacks
- Always keep your Outlook application up to date
- Keep an eye on your Outlook inbox and remove suspicious emails
- Handle large emails with proper care
Isn't it a great way for a regular Outlook user to get questions answered and Outlook problems solved under same umbrella. This article was destined to ensure that all your queries regarding some of the most common Outlook errors you face are answered. Do let us know your thoughts on this article on most common Outlook error and solutions to fix it in the comments section below.
Molly is the Lead Technical Specialist with distinguished knowledge and understanding of Mac computers and operating systems. Being a veteran photographer and video recovery specialist, Molly’s expertise on video formats and file repair has helped restore a lot of videos and cherished memories of users.
As a technical specialist she also believes in learning and spreading knowledge about the current and trending aspects of various media formats, Adobe Photoshop and macOS troubleshooting. A full-fledged learner, caffeine-lover and a firm-believer that technology would make the world a better place.