My Documents or Documents folder is a Microsoft Windows default folder that stores all your important documents and files associated with Word, Excel, or any other Microsoft program on your Windows 10, 7, etc.
Any missing files or accidental deletion of files from My Documents folder will cause severe data loss scenarios since the Documents folder saves all your important files.
It is always disheartening to lose or delete your important files in My Documents folder or accidentally deleting the Document folder itself.
The first thing to do after you accidentally delete or lose files from My documents folder is to restore them with the help of backup you have recently taken.
In case if you have not taken a backup of your My Documents folder then, move on to the next method.
After the deleting of My documents folder, Windows automatically moves your deleted My documents files to the Recycle bin. Here are the steps to restore deleted My documents folder from the Recycle bin effortlessly.
Go to the Recycle bin on your Windows > locate your deleted files from My Documents folder > Right-click on them and select Restore option.
After you perform the above steps to recover deleted files from the Recycle bin, all your deleted files will be restored on the My Documents folder. In case, if you don’t find your deleted files saved on My Documents folder in the Recycle bin, then this is due to the permanent deletion of files or My Documents folder which can be easily recovered using the data recovery software like Remo Recover.
Common reasons for permanent deletion of My Documents folder or files
- Deleting My Documents folder or files using shift+delete keys.
- Emptying or deleting My Documents folder files from the Windows Recycle bin before restoring them.
If you are looking to recover deleted My Documents folder on Windows 10, 7, 8 or any other Windows O.S. move on to the next method using Remo Recover tool in simple clicks.
Remo Recover is a specially designed user-friendly tool to recover deleted or lost My Documents folder or files on your Windows computer. It can easily restore more than 300 file types such as photos, videos, text documents, PDF files, excel files, etc. in simple clicks. Download this tool to recover deleted files from My Documents now!
- Download and install the Remo Recover tool on your Windows computer to restore the deleted My Documents folder.
- Select Recover Files from the main screen to restore deleted or lost files from My Documents.
- Choose the C drive where the My Documents folder is located and click the Scan option.
Note: After the scanning process ends, the software will display the lost or deleted My Document folder/ files.
- Select the deleted My Documents folder or files which you want to restore and click Save option to restore them on a location of your choice.
Why Choose Remo Recover Tool To Recover Deleted Files From My Documents?
- Remo Recover is the best-suited user-friendly tool to recover deleted folders, lost or deleted files from My Documents on your Windows computer.
- This tool easily restores more than 300 deleted or lost file formats like excel sheets, spreadsheets, PDF files, Word files, text files, notepad files, PPTX files, photos, raw-images, videos, etc. not only on Windows computer but also from various external devices like USB, external HDD, SSD, memory card, and many more.
- Remo Recover is a read-only application. It safely restores deleted My documents folder or files that are deleted permanently from your Windows computer including the ones which have bypassed the Recycle bin.
- It offers free preview before saving your lost or deleted files like photos or videos on any location.
- Compatible with all your Windows operating systems including Windows 10, 8, 7, etc.
- It is always suggested to take a backup of all your important files before deleting or formatting My Documents folder or any other files.
- Cross-check before deleting files on My Documents folder to avoid accidental data loss.
- Do not empty your Windows Recycle bin until you are sure about the files to be permanently deleted.
- In case, if you have permanently lost or deleted files from My Documents folder on your Windows 10, 8, 7, etc. then, utilize Remo Recover software to restore them with ease.
Senior Editor, Content Analyst and a fan of exceptional customer service. John develops and publishes instructional and informational content regarding partition management, Windows hot-fixes, data management and computer troubleshooting.
As a tenured data recovery specialist, John shares exceptional insights and blog posts about data loss and data recovery across any storage device. With 8+ years’ experience in writing for Data Recovery for both Mac OS and Windows OS computers, he is an avid learner who always wants to polish and simplify the data recovery process. John passes his free time playing Chess and reading Science Fiction novels.