My Documents or Documents is a default folder on the Windows operating system. It saves your personal files and user-defined documents such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Files deleted or lost from My Documents folder can cause severe data loss since it saves all your important files on Windows 10, 8, or 7.
It is always disheartening to unknowingly lose or delete important files or folders from My Documents. If you have not taken a backup, then it can lead to permanent data loss. But in this article find out how you can restore deleted My Documents folder in Windows 10, 7, or any other version.
How to Recover deleted My Documents folder in Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, or any other version?
- Recycle Bin
- Remo Recover software
1: Recover Deleted Files from My Documents Folder using Backup
If you have deleted important files or folders from My documents folder, then you can make use of your backup data to restore them on Windows 11, 10, or 7.
- Go to the File Explorer on your Windows PC and locate the C drive from which you want to recover My Document folder/ files.
- Now, Right-click and then select Restore previous versions.
- Select the version which you want to recover and click on the Restore.
This way you can easily restore all your deleted My document folders. In case, if you have not taken a backup or have not activated File History/ Restore points, then you cannot recover My Document files using this method. In such a case, move down to the next method.
2: Recover Deleted My Documents Files or Folder from Recycle bin
Windows 10, 8, or 7 automatically moves any accidentally deleted files or folders on My Documents folder to the Recycle Bin. If you want to recover any of your folder or file deleted unknowingly from Documents folder, then you can make use of the below steps;
Go to the Recycle Bin on your Windows > Locate your deleted files from My Documents folder > Select and Right-click on them > Finally, click Restore option.
After you recover deleted files from the Recycle Bin, all your deleted files will be restored back to the My Documents folder. In case, if you don’t find your deleted files in the Recycle bin, then this is due to the permanent deletion of files on My Documents folder. Move down to method 3 to know how to recover permanently deleted My Documents folders using Remo Recover.
Common reasons for permanent deletion of My Documents folder or files
- Deleting My Documents folder or files using shift+delete keys.
- Emptying or deleting files from the Recycle bin before restoring them to My Documents.
3: Recover Permanently Deleted files or folders from My Documents Folder using Remo Recover
Remo Recover is a user-friendly tool to recover deleted files or folders from My Documents. This tool supports recovery of more than 300 file types such as photos, videos, Word documents, excel files, PPT files, etc. Also, it is compatible with all the versions of the Windows operating system including Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, and its previous version. Download the tool to Restore your My Documents folder now!
- Download and install the Remo Recover tool on your Windows computer to restore the deleted My Documents folder.
- Select Recover Files from the main screen to restore deleted or lost files from My Documents.
- Choose the C drive where the My Documents folder is located and click the Scan option.
Note: After the scanning process ends, the software will display the lost or deleted My Document folder/ files.
- Select the deleted My Documents folders or files which you want to restore and click Save option to restore them to a location of your choice.
Note: Make use of the Recover Partition option under severe data loss scenarios like My Documents folder lost after reinstalling Windows operating system, formatting C drive, etc.
Why Choose Remo Recover Tool To Recover Deleted Files From My Documents?
- Remo Recover is the best-suited user-friendly tool to recover deleted or lost files and folders from My Documents.
- This tool easily restores more than 300 file formats like excel sheets, spreadsheets, Word files, text files, notepad files, PPTX files, photos, raw images, videos, etc.
- Also supports data recovery from various external devices like USB, external HDD, SSD, memory card, and many more.
- Safely restores deleted data from My documents folder that is permanently deleted, files bypassed the Recycle bin, or files deleted using Shift+ delete keys.
- It offers a free preview of the recovered photos or videos before you actually save them.
- Compatible with all your Windows operating systems including Windows 10, 8, 7, etc
- It is always suggested to take a backup of all your important files before deleting files or formatting the drive.
- Cross-check before deleting files on My Documents folder to avoid accidental data loss.
- Do not empty your Windows Recycle Bin until you are sure about the files to be permanently deleted.
- In case, if you have permanently lost or deleted files from My Documents folder on your Windows 10, 8, 7, etc. then, utilize Remo Recover software to restore them with ease.