As soon as the pen drive is corrupted, files become inaccessible on the pen drive leaving you with no clue about how to recover files from corrupted USB.
What causes your flash drive to get corrupted?
- Abruptly ejecting pen drive from your laptop or PC without using “Safely remove option”
- Sudden system shutdown or any interruptions while transferring data from flash drive to another storage device or vice versa
- Malware or corrupted files present on the pen drive makes the data inaccessible
- Firmware issues on pen drive or operating system malfunctions might also lead to data corruption or data loss
Note: Before trying any of these methods make sure your device drivers are up to date and try connecting the flash drive to different ports or computer to confirm the corruption in the USB drive.
How to recover corrupted data from Pen drive?
There can be two types of resolutions that can be devised to recover files from corrupted pen drive. Firstly, by fixing the corruption in the flash drive to regain access to data, secondly by using a software that can recover data from corrupted flash drives. Listed below are methods to retrieve data from corrupted pen drive.
Caution: Free methods and quick workarounds always carry a risk factor along with them as one single mistake can make the situation worse and lose data permanently.
- Access the flash drive by enabling the USB drive in Device manager
- Recovering files from corrupted USB by fixing file system errors
- Recover data from corrupted flash drive by using Command Prompt
- Recover corrupted flash drive by using Remo Recover
Method 1: Access the flash drive by enabling the USB drive in Device Manager:
Sometimes, flash drives get disabled automatically due to some software installation errors. Follow these steps to access the flash drive.
- Open “Control Panel” and select “Device manager”
- Expand the “Disk Drives” list
- Double click on your USB drive and click on “Enable device”
- Click “Next” and finish
Method 2: Recovering files from corrupted USB by fixing file system errors:
File systems on USB drive helps organize data and maintain a directory that will be referred for any data transaction. Any errors in the file systems also lead to corrupted flash drives and resulting in data loss. Here’s how to fix file systems errors in pen drives on Windows 10.
- Go to “This PC” and right-click on the inaccessible pen drive and select “Properties”
- Click on the “Tools” tab and select “Check now” option
- Check both the “Automatically fix file system errors” and “Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors” boxes
- Click on “Start” and the scanning process will start. Wait till the process is complete and click on “Close”
Note: If your system is running on previous version of Windows like Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, etc. Follow these steps to fix your file system errors of the USB drive.
- Go to “My Computer” and right-click on the inaccessible pen drive and select “Properties”
- Click on the “Tools” tab and select “Rebuild”
- Once the scanning process is started, wait for the scan to complete and click on “Close”
- Eject your pen drive using “Safely Remove Option” and then plug it in again.
Method 3: Recover files from corrupted USB by using Command Prompt:
Command Prompt could be a quick yet effective resolution to recover corrupted USB. Follow these steps carefully to fix errors and recover files from corrupted flash drive.
- Insert your pen drive to the computer and press “Windows” button on the keyboard
- In the “Type here to search” box, type “cmd” and click on the “Command Prompt” app.
- In the Command window, type or copy paste “chkdsk G: /f”. Replace “G:” with your USB drive letter,
- Once the process is complete, eject your pen drive using “Safely Remove Option” and plug it in again.
Note: The ability to recover data from corrupted flash drive by using chkdsk is very less. Chances of damaging file is also high if you do not know what you are doing. Switch to Remo Recover to recover corrupted flash drive with this self-explanatory interactive tool.
Is there any effective method to recover your corrupted flash drive?
Yes, you can recover files from your corrupted flash drive effectively with the help of a professional USB recovery software. Speaking about a professional USB recovery software, which is the best USB recovery tool to recover corrupted flash drive?
Built with a unique algorithm that can recognize and recover files from corrupted pen drive, Remo Recover is the safest corrupted USB recovery tool. The tool stands out of the crowd for its self-explanatory interface which guides you throughout the recovery process even if you are not that tech-savvy or good with gadgets.
So, what are you waiting for? Quickly download Remo Recover now to recover files from your corrupted USB effectively.
Method 4: Recover files from corrupted USB by using Remo Recover:
- Download, install and launch Remo USB data recovery tool
- Select Recover Partitions and click on your corrupted USB drive
- Click on Scan and the process to recover data from corrupted flash drive starts
- If you just want to recover specific important data files from your corrupted pen drive, then click on Deep Scan
- Once the scan is complete, you can Preview your recovered files from corrupted USB to see the quality
Note: Time duration for the scanning process depends on the amount of data present on your pen drive.
Why choose Remo USB recovery tool?
- Ensures quick recovery of data from corrupted flash drive
- Designed to recover data from any storage devices like SD card, external hard drives, SSD’s etc.
- The “Add File Type” feature allows you to recover a specific file type
- Evaluate the success rate of the recovery process by using the Preview feature
- 24/7 technical support to users in performing corrupted USB data recovery process.
Customer Evangelist @remosoftware. Trying to perfect the art of writing while running a business. Fan of exceptional customer service.